social distancing rule explained

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flying haggis

Established Member
Reaction score
Queing .jpg

Attachments

• Queing .jpg
    Queing .jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 515
If you are a professional and you are wearing a shirt that implies a threat to punch anybody in the face, anytime, for any reason, there's no way I'm going to hire you or your company to do any work in my home.

Richard_C":l9zom67b said:
If you are a professional and you are wearing a shirt that implies a threat to punch anybody in the face, anytime, for any reason, there's no way I'm going to hire you or your company to do any work in my home.

It looks like they are in a shop, not a house. Why would you think that they are ‘tradesman’?

I know many people of many professions who would wear that when going to the shops. The only one I can think of who would not is a vicar.

Bm101":2n5csu6k said:
porker":2n5csu6k said:
We'll ignore the grammer...
And the spelling as well then eh?
:-"

Feel free to tap him on the shoulder and point out his error.

(I once saw a Hell's Angle - at least, that's what his jacket said - i chose not to query it...)

Trainee neophyte":330cxqdz said:
(I once saw a Hell's Angle - at least, that's what his jacket said - i chose not to query it...)

Was that the same one who wanted 'Satan's Slave' tatooed on his forehead, but, due to a perfectly understandable error, had 'Stan's Slave' there instead?

Very poor impulse control that chap had, as I recall. Seemed to have some form of grievance against the world.

"(I once saw a Hell's Angle - at least, that's what his jacket said - i chose not to query it...) "

he was like a hells angel but to a lesser degree.....

ok fetching coat and heading out, oh hang on I'm not allowed

flying haggis":kua211eu said:
"(I once saw a Hell's Angle - at least, that's what his jacket said - i chose not to query it...) "

ohhhhhh gawd.... GROOOOOOOAN

Just to divert a little and show this is pretty tame..... Shop is Lidl, not that that makes any difference, but at least the T-shirt is in better taste than these:

https://coronavirus.turnedmetal.com/

Seriously poor taste - I've made a complaint to FB about allowing thier adverts and forwarded this to the BBC, I've even tried to get my Step Mother to use her social circle to get something done - it's an Australian company - and she is the Secretary to the AWC - Australian Womens Club set up as a social network for wives of DIPLOMATS working here in the UK, so literally she knows people in "high places".

Humanity greed and money - nothing they won't do to get it, and I would have serious reservations about those that have been buying it (and they have in droves).

As far as "tradesman" are concerned Richard_C (curious why you picked on that group of people - almost as a though you have an inbuilt distrust / dislike, because there's no indicators he's a tradesman that I can see) and the message on the t-shirt - tricky - truth is I was in TESCOS just a few days ago and almost no-one was observing social distancing - the queue for the quick self checkout was full of people close together and the staff were doing nothing to enforce it - me being me I took a pic and tweeted it to Tescos, no reply, naturally.

I'd say if the t-shirt got the message across - to even those who are still mostly ignoring the lockdown - like the "yoof" who was in the Spar shop I was in to get gas / electric (keymeters) - no social disancing, no gloves or mask, touching stuff and buying a clearly "essential" energy drink... but just the 1 leading me to believe he's doing this daily....

Richard_C - Sometimes a baseball bat is what it takes to get peoples attention - if you would give this person a wide berth I'd say it's mission accomplished, yes? Maybe you should think about what this persons situation could be - maybe he's got high risk people at home and has had enough of "being nice" to all the idiots around and has decided it's time for the "not being nice, baseball bat" option.

Consider his possible circumstances, and the risk of DEATH still being very real - then look again without the knee-jerk biased view and get back to us.

You cannot know - so best you don't judge eh?

Edit - is it me or does it look like he has TWO hearing aids in? - They look a bit thick and big to be the ends of glasses and dare I say I can see a black switch in the middle on the inner sides?

In which case that puts a WHOLE DIFFERENT SLANT ON IT - doesn't it Richard_C....

rafezetter":3ujsxj8d said:
flying haggis":3ujsxj8d said:

ohhhhhh gawd.... GROOOOOOOAN

Just to divert a little and show this is pretty tame..... Shop is Lidl, not that that makes any difference, but at least the T-shirt is in better taste than these:

https://coronavirus.turnedmetal.com/

Seriously poor taste - I've made a complaint to FB about allowing thier adverts and forwarded this to the BBC, I've even tried to get my Step Mother to use her social circle to get something done - it's an Australian company - and she is the Secretary to the AWC - Australian Womens Club set up as a social network for wives of DIPLOMATS working here in the UK, so literally she knows people in "high places".

Humanity greed and money - nothing they won't do to get it, and I would have serious reservations about those that have been buying it (and they have in droves).

As far as "tradesman" are concerned Richard_C (curious why you picked on that group of people - almost as a though you have an inbuilt distrust / dislike, because there's no indicators he's a tradesman that I can see) and the message on the t-shirt - tricky - truth is I was in TESCOS just a few days ago and almost no-one was observing social distancing - the queue for the quick self checkout was full of people close together and the staff were doing nothing to enforce it - me being me I took a pic and tweeted it to Tescos, no reply, naturally.

I'd say if the t-shirt got the message across - to even those who are still mostly ignoring the lockdown - like the "yoof" who was in the Spar shop I was in to get gas / electric (keymeters) - no social disancing, no gloves or mask, touching stuff and buying a clearly "essential" energy drink... but just the 1 leading me to believe he's doing this daily....

Richard_C - Sometimes a baseball bat is what it takes to get peoples attention - if you would give this person a wide berth I'd say it's mission accomplished, yes? Maybe you should think about what this persons situation could be - maybe he's got high risk people at home and has had enough of "being nice" to all the idiots around and has decided it's time for the "not being nice, baseball bat" option.

Consider his possible circumstances, and the risk of DEATH still being very real - then look again without the knee-jerk biased view and get back to us.

You cannot know - so best you don't judge eh?

Edit - is it me or does it look like he has TWO hearing aids in? - They look a bit thick and big to be the ends of glasses and dare I say I can see a black switch in the middle on the inner sides?

In which case that puts a WHOLE DIFFERENT SLANT ON IT - doesn't it Richard_C....

He does have two hearing aids in.

Nigel.

Richard_C":2yv8ys3y said:

Glad to know that. :lol: what's that got to do with the price of fish??? :?

Trainee neophyte":3nsimiff said:
Bm101":3nsimiff said:
porker":3nsimiff said:
We'll ignore the grammer...
And the spelling as well then eh?
:-"

Feel free to tap him on the shoulder and point out his error.

How do you spell grammar then?
:|

Back