So who want's a Phillyplane then?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodbloke

Established Member
Reaction score
Spent the morning at Philly's place playing with some new toys. Phill had done some machining on the brass shrinkage plates for the elm chest so a big thanks for that. During the course of the morning I mentioned that I had sold some stuff on the bay and with the ill gotten gains had bought this:

p1-2.jpg

which is reasonably gloatworthy in its own right....but it also means that this:

p2-2.jpg

is no longer needed. In using Phill's plane extensively over the last couple of months I realised that I needed full adjustment on the blade and mouth which of course you can't do with this type of shoulder plane, so if you want a Phillyplane for free, gratis and almost nothing all it will cost you is the postage and a donation to here, so PM me asap.

Phill also cut up a lump of elm for the next cabinet on his bandsaw, so another big thankyou for that:

p1-3.jpg

:eek:ccasion5: Phill - Rob

=D> \:D/ Nice one mr, well done for pipping me to the post and getting that lovely :tool: I am not really upset ](*,) I don't really feel sorry for myself :-({|= :-({|=

Seriously a big pat on the back has to go to Rob for giving it away in the first place =D> . After years of membership on this forum, I am still amazed at how kind and helpful the members are.

Cheers

Mike

Sorry Mike :)
Similarly I am constantly impressed (not the right word - but I can't think of a better one at the moment) by the generosity and general helpfulness of members.
Cheers Mike

Sheesh, you're nuts, Rob. A mass-produced hunk of metal instead of one made just for you? Boy's a fool :roll: Mike, have a shot at persuading him he ought to change his mind and you might get the LN instead... :wink:

Cheers, Alf

Rob

Should have kept it, you never know how much it will be worth as an early work when Philly becomes famous, ops more famous.

Our postmans quite small though wiry looking, I can see I'm going to have to hire bodyguards for him. :)

Cheers Mike.

Back