So what turning toys are you expecting on Sunday morning

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bemused

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi Gents,
As the subject line says "So what turning toys are you expecting on Sunday morning"
Pretty sure one of my packages is just about the size and weight of a big brother 2, this should stop some hollow form bangs I get as I don't have a guarded scrapper, and I have to collect a Proxxon Micromot from Kraft Kabin in the morning as brother in law is bunging me some money for said item, hope to get some nice texturing done with this. I have also hinted at the classic forms book that I say in Aximnster ...

Tony

Errm, probably none! :cry:
SWMBO thinks I've spent (she means 'invested') far too much already and have only expensive funny-shaped firewood to show for it.
Damn my enthusiasm!!
Happy Christmas all,
Greg

I am hoping to get some woodturning DVDs and preferably vouchers to spend at my nearest woodturning supplies (Ockenden Timber at Churchstoke) or by post from Axminster. Whatever it is I shall enjoy the selection and use of a few new bits!!! Happy Christmas to all forum members.

:ho2 :deer :deer :ho2

Mike

:cry: For me it's probably none aswell ... I quote....
"i'd like to buy you some girly stuff for christmas because you're alway either covered in plaster of paris from work, or covered in wood shavings"

......Does this not say.... it's what I enjoy!
Never mind, I've still got everything crossed!!

ive had mine already....nice set of cole jaws and a new vice that i needed ....could do with loads more if anybody wants to buy me something

Merry Christmas one and All

For me? Well I'm hoping for something to turn me into a prinson hanse, or a parnson hinse or something?

But, after returning from collecting the post this lunch time, trotting to keep up with aging dog and going ass over tip when my left leg didn't do as I requested it to do then I will be happy with one leg turning into two ta! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Our wet garden really looks different from ground level :shock:

Oh! As for the real turning goodies, I had mine for a few weeks in my Cole jaw set from Axi too and they are worth their weight!

The wife has just asked me if I want to go to Axminster tomorrow to get my Xmas pressy.
I asked if anybody had got me the accessory jaws that were on my list - if so, we could get the o'donnell jaw set. "Yes" was the reply.
I have just looked at the website and they are out of stock!!

Don't know what to get now - apart from the storme jig, but that would mean me buying a new grinder to go with it.

Argghh!!

Si.

Jonzjob":2gycycz8 said:
For me? Well I'm hoping for something to turn me into a prinson hanse, or a parnson hinse or something?

But, after returning from collecting the post this lunch time, trotting to keep up with aging dog and going ass over tip when my left leg didn't do as I requested it to do then I will be happy with one leg turning into two ta! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Our wet garden really looks different from ground level :shock:

Oh! As for the real turning goodies, I had mine for a few weeks in my Cole jaw set from Axi too and they are worth their weight!

All I can say mateis to waite till they are back and get the set of 3. They are one of the most useful bits of kit you can have on yer turnie thingie!! I have held from a 17" platter to about a 3/8" axle in mine and I would swear, if the forum allowed :mrgreen: , by them!! Well worth the late Krimble pressie!

As for a wander around Axminster, the one time I did was when they were in their Alladins Cave in the middle of Axminster and it almost took a crowbar to get me out!

I bought myself a few QS blades and chipbreakers, plus a steel and a brass yoke. Family have bought me 2 pairs of slippers and 2 walking sticks.

Coles and O'Donnell seem very popular.
I had a set of O'Donnell for my birthday and they have helped my work quite a lot being able to do so much from the chuck end of the piece, you guys will be pleased with them.
I will have to wait untill my birthday comes aound again for some Coles.

Real sorry for you guys who are'nt getting turning goodies, unless of course you already have everything :)

Quick word about the Axi cole jaws, Sorry about the thread creep. Might sound stupid but if you are thinking of the large set, check your swing over the bed.On my Jet 1642 I can only fit them if the chuck is off the lathe, and then mount the whole lot. They will then only expand a very small amount, I did think I might try and get a small amount turned off them, having said that they are extremely useful, and as for the O'Donnell jaws, I don't know what I did before I had them.

I have just got all the turnings and dust off the garage floor, in preparation for the next load.

Happy Xmas to all, and happy turning.

Regards

Rod :tool: :tool: :tool: :ho2 :ho2 :ho2

Went to the Nuneaton store today, expecting to get the Storme jig as the website says the O'Donnell jaw set is out of stock... however, all the parts that make up the O'Donnell kit were in stock (again contrary to the website), and they did me them at the kit price, so if you are waiting for the kit to come back into stock, give your local store a ring, and they may be able to sort you out.

Si.

Hollowing tool and rotary sanding heads from Harrogate. Well, I selected them and paid for them, so I'd better be unwrapping them. ;)

I asked for vouchers, for either Yandles or Axminster.
With them, i plan to buy me a pen turning setup (excluding lathe).

The wife was with me when i went to Yandles and was looking at the Planet kits, but got a bit confuddled when i started going on about morse tapers.

Glen Lucas DVD for me too - the bowl turning one. Also Terry Scott's DVD - just out.
The only other thing I want for Christmas is some peace to watch them :)

Ian

Latest posts

Back