So what should I make out of this ?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PowerTool

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi - had some wood delivered on Saturday (all for free :) )

But not sure what to use it for yet - as there is somewhat more than I expected 8)

About 40 lengths of 3x3,8' long:-

Picture008.jpg

And some 5.5"x5.5",4 at 6' long,4 at 12' long (described to me over the phone as "a couple of large swan vesta's" :lol: )

Picture009.jpg

The word "pergola" keeps going through my mind;also,is this someones way of telling me I need a bigger tablesaw ?

P.S. The 3x3s are out of dry box containers,and if anyone is near Barry,South Wales - there is currently lots of it,and shuttering ply,free to anyone who can collect (I work in road transport,and it took me about three weeks to come up with a way of getting it to Darlington..)

Andrew

Andrew
I don't think you will be able to make anything out of that wood, so to save you some problems I will take it off of your hands.

Bob

Hi Andrew,

Pergola - yep. Or framing for a workshop/shed, or some garden furniture, or gates, or, or...........

But mind your saw blade on those nails! :wink:

Nice haul.

Cheers,

Trev.

I second Trev's point: I'd buy a metal detector if you don't have one, and make sure you actually wear your safety glasses when doing any power tool work on that stuff - otherwise you might get some really interesting moments! Other than that - a nice haul..

Mainly pine (or similar),although some of the 3x3 is some type of hardwood (can't tell what until it's cleaned up) - as it weighs about twice as much!

Nice haul.
Some friends of mine once got a houseful (litterally) of maple. It had been the floor of a bowling ally, but much of it had had lino-type stuff stuck onto it as well (presumably not the areas the ball uses!). He is an architect, and came across it during a refurbishment.

They spent weeks scraping off the adhesive, but they ended up with a large house with mature maple flooring everywhere, and all for the taking.

I could do with the same, as I need a new bench, my not-very-old one has the dreaded worm. :(

Let us know what it becomes.

Cheers
Steve

Latest posts

Back