So what have I been up to??

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Max Power":y2nfrmeb said:
Some very nice work there Dodge, how did you colour/finish the oak tables?

Liberon Spirit stain on these, medium oak stain with a pre-cat lacquer coat before over waxing - durability with a natural sheen.

I like the liberon stains as having ethanol as the carrier it dries very quickly and gives a good even, but natural colour without masking the natural grain of the timber.

Chestnuts spirit stains are good as well

Strangely enough that is the exact combination I have just used to finish the small open shelf oak unit I built. Even down to the Liberon stain. I found the Liberon mid oak stain to give a nice shade to oak that is not too dark and the speed of drying is better for production. :wink: Well at least my finish is up to yours even if my build quality isn't. :D

Unfortunately not - been there, done that!!

Am planning to have an open weekend for UKW at my premises next year though - plans are afoot so watch this space!!

Dodge":2rlnkdx9 said:
Unfortunately not - been there, done that!!

Am planning to have an open weekend for UKW at my premises next year though - plans are afoot so watch this space!!

I can't wait! count me in.

Melinda_dd":3hz5rgnu said:
Obviously didn't find the right person dodge!!!

Shame you are not closer Tina - I have still got to sort that wood out for you - Sorry time hasn't been on my side!

You never know what the future holds dodge. ... we do plan on moving more up the green side at some point so hey... you never know. ... I will however be googling the distance later just for curiosity! !

I can see by your thread time's been busy..... and all them doors to do too! You'll need a rest over christmas!!

Dodge":1mt6xqpb said:
Allan (Mailee)...... the rail above the top of the drawers was then lap dovetailed into the top of the legs and the lower one cross grain morticed and fox wedged so very unlikely it will ever come apart!

Can I have that in english please? :?:

Found this thread for the first time today, your workload is enormous for solo production and the workmanship and quality is superb.
(I never had that energy in my younger days.)
Wishing you all the best to 2014.

Back