So what have I been up to??

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dodge

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi Folks, been a bit quiet on here of late but still been as busy as usual chiseling away in the workshop.

Here are a some of the projects that have been completed in the last few months:-

Oak Occasional table

Clients wanted drawers in the ends for chess board/pieces but didn't want them to show, so how do you conceal drawers on an occasional table?

By making the whole end rail the drawer front!

Then there are some oak shelving units, wine rack and wall unit for bits and bobs for a cellar

Been making point of sale display stands for a company, believe these to be in the big name stores in London! Made loads of these

Knocked up a bench for a mate

Made this oak island unit for a client, they opted to paint and fit granite top - The kick board is designed to retain the customers' dog bed as this is effectively an indoor kennel too!

Simple pine cupboards - again for the client to paint, made a couple of these

Fitted out a downstairs cloakroom to make into a DVD library! i even did the floor!

As well as vanity unit and coat hooks

Then we had a nice walnut bracket clock

Split bi-folding oak internal shutters - four sets of these

Carving copies of the Naval Submariners crest

Glazed oak units

Making abstract display pieces

Inlaid cherry keepsake box

Another oak occasional table

So can you now see why I have been quiet - Too damn busy!!

OMG! Rog! :shock: And they call me fast! That is some real quality work you have turned out there.....and so fast! I really like the occasional chess table. How did you reinforce the legs with no apron? That glazed oak unit looks really nice. I love to see a nice wooden glazed cabinet. To me it does seem such a shame to paint that oak island unit and cover all that lovely wood....heathens! glad to see your keeping busy mate. :D

I like the bracket clock- even more so than the heavily burred one that you did a while ago.

Did you ever do a WIP on making these?

Mark, I havnt had time to do WIPs but have kept photo records so you never know, over the xmas hols when there is nothing on telly I may get a few mins to post one up!

Allan (Mailee) the occasional table had twin side rails to give a flush internal surface for the drawers to run against, the rail above the top of the drawers was then lap dovetailed into the top of the legs and the lower one cross grain morticed and fox wedged so very unlikely it will ever come apart!

What a fantastic and diverse collection of creations.
worthy.gif

That's me naffed off again :!:

I log on , look through posts , look at pictures like these and realise how good I'm not :cry:

Excellent work :)

M

And I thought you were just sitting around with a cuppa and your feet up :lol:

Lovely work. Particularly like the figuring on the clock case, but all looks top notch as usual Roger.

Cheers, Paul

Thanks for your comments guys, all these pieces have been photographed during construction - I will see what i can do regarding WIPs for some of them.

Am actually delivering the oak cellar furniture tomorrow morning and then have 21 kitchen cabinet doors to make for delivery the following Monday (16th Dec) so I doubt I will be about much next week!! Hey ho I would rather be busy

Dodge":2uughp6a said:
Thanks for your comments guys, all these pieces have been photographed during construction - I will see what i can do regarding WIPs for some of them.

Am actually delivering the oak cellar furniture tomorrow morning and then have 21 kitchen cabinet doors to make for delivery the following Monday (16th Dec) so I doubt I will be about much next week!! Hey ho I would rather be busy

Excellent, glad you are so busy Roger, obviously because of the quality of your stuff =D>

Back