• We invite you to join UKWorkshop.
    Members can turn off viewing Ads!

So long and thanks for all the fish!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

nev

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm sure some of you will be jumping with joy on the inside because as of today I shall no longer be a moderator. No particular reason, just time for a change, although not being informed of even an upcoming software change let alone a management change was bit of an eye-opener into how little ones small contribution was appreciated, but there we go.
I'd just like to say thanks to all those that have supported the mods and myself in particular in the past as its a pretty thankless task that takes most of the enjoyment out of visiting the forum to where I initially came as a complete newbie to the lathe. I learned loads, found complete strangers that would go out of their way to help me, gift me tools and wood and generally be great generous human beings. I hope in return that I have passed said gleaned knowledge and little selflessness on to later newcomers to the hobby.
To those I have clashed with - sorry. It was nothing personal, Just trying to keep the place pleasant.

Cheers 🍻

Nev

AndyT

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks from me as well - I have learned a lot, made some real friends and many more virtual ones.

• Thanks
Reactions: nev

marcros

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks Nev. As said in a similar thread to Chas, it has been appreciated.

• Thanks

Nelsun

Established Member
Reaction score
All the best Nev and thanks for doing what nobody in their right mind would do :giggle:

• Thanks

AES

Established Member
Reaction score
Oh, what a pity. I for one will miss your inputs (as a Mod) and do hope you'll stay on as "just" a member.

All the best mate

• Thanks

Droogs

Is that chisel shar ... Ow
Reaction score
I would like to add my thanks with the others for all the hard work you have done over the years nev and I extend the sentiment that you will hopefully be staying around as an ordinary member

• Thanks

Trainee neophyte

[Known Putin apologist ]
Reaction score
Can we nominate your replacement? That could be fun. Any volunteers?

(Unfortunately I will be busy that lifetime, otherwise I would volunteer like a shot.)

I can confirm that Nev is both a scholar and an gent. Will be sorely missed.

• Thanks

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
This was a sad post and message I received this morning. I also hope he will hang around as a member, too.

• Thanks

DrPhill

Cyber Heretic
Reaction score
Thanks Nev. Hope you stick around, but if not good luck wherever you go and whatever you do.

• Thanks

powertools

Established Member
Reaction score
From what I can understand both you and CHJ have been taken advantage of and all I will say is that all members of this forum owe you both a huge thank you for the work you have both put in to the forum over many years.

Woody2Shoes

Impressive Member
Reaction score
Thank you for all your efforts - over a sustained period - on our behalf. I hope you'll still stay with us in the cheap seats. Cheers, W2S

Blister

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm sure some of you will be jumping with joy on the inside because as of today I shall no longer be a moderator. No particular reason, just time for a change, although not being informed of even an upcoming software change let alone a management change was bit of an eye-opener into how little ones small contribution was appreciated, but there we go.
I'd just like to say thanks to all those that have supported the mods and myself in particular in the past as its a pretty thankless task that takes most of the enjoyment out of visiting the forum to where I initially came as a complete newbie to the lathe. I learned loads, found complete strangers that would go out of their way to help me, gift me tools and wood and generally be great generous human beings. I hope in return that I have passed said gleaned knowledge and little selflessness on to later newcomers to the hobby.
To those I have clashed with - sorry. It was nothing personal, Just trying to keep the place pleasant.

Cheers 🍻

Nev
Yes Nev It is a bitter pill to swallow , I put a huge amount of time and effort into the forum and for what ?

Enjoy your retirement from mod status