So, do most of you use sketch up for your designs?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

Halo Jones

Reaction score
I just had to get a new laptop and have lost the free desktop versions of SU I used. I think they were the 2016 or 2017 versions. I have now tried the online version and find it horrible and I'm not spending money on the pro version. I'm really tempted to just ditch it and go with Fusion 360 or Blender. My work also gives me free access to AutoCad and Revit. Which of these is worth learning?

RogerS

Reaction score
Halo Jones":s4us81ip said:
I just had to get a new laptop and have lost the free desktop versions of SU I used. I think they were the 2016 or 2017 versions. I have now tried the online version and find it horrible and I'm not spending money on the pro version. I'm really tempted to just ditch it and go with Fusion 360 or Blender. My work also gives me free access to AutoCad and Revit. Which of these is worth learning?
If you're a Mac-man then I have the early versions. Are you sure that they're not available for PCs squirrelled away online somewhere ?

billw

UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Is it still relevant given it was released a few years back and there's been numerous versions of the software since? Maybe I should download a previous version because the web interface is frustrating?

billw

UKW Supporter
Reaction score
So I downloaded Make 2017, watched a beginner course on LinkedIn Learning, and it's SO easy to get the hang of. I still get confused occasionally and draw random lines but overall SU is fine. I am not sure why I didn't like the web version, but the desktop one is fantastic.