So, did anymore woodworking get done this weekend?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnelliott

Established Member
Reaction score
I've spent the weekend painting my next dresser, this one has a cupboard base and a cabinet top with glass doors, so lots more paint required. It also has a counter-top (worktop?) in solid oak, which I am hoping will increase its sales appeal.

So, what have you guys been doing?

John

Let's have a few more replies this time

Bit more mundane, I'm afraid. I spent part of both Saturday and Sunday making a pair of hardwood door frames in poplar for a neighbour. Bit more interesting than the run of the mill B & Q job as both frames had fixed fanlights above the doors (so you can't buy a frame kit for them). This makes them both about 2.6 metres high - a bit of a handfull to cramp-up. Both were done with Schlegel Aquamac 21 weatherstripping - first time I've used it, and I'm well impressed.

Well, I'm just an amateur compared to all of you.

I have been finishing off a very simple book case for my wife's study. She seem delighted with it, though I must confess it is very ordinary. Today I have built a small corner unit to stand alongside the bookcase. This has come along quite weel, though will have to go on hold now until next weekend as I rarely get "playtime" during the week.

I noted from one post on one of the fora, that a qulaity required by any good woodworker is the ability to deal with mistakes and adapt... I just wish I didn't have to do this quite so often :oops:

(Philosophical question... do grade a woodworker by the number of clamps he has, or the number of chisels?)

Hi John and all,

Well I did and I didn't. My woodworking was cutting doughnut rings from birch ply for my cyclone, which is looking good and will soon be finished. I'll put some pics up when completed.

The dresser your making John sounds nice, are you going to put up some more pics for us to see, I hope so.
AndyMc, as long as the other half is delighted, that's all that matters, I'm also tryting to finish off my other halfs kitchen doors. I know there not perfect, but she as happy enough, so that's all that matters. By the way most of us are ameteurs as well.
Scrit and Kostello, whether its mundane or not or doing sash window bits, who cares as long as your spending some quality time in the workshop and enjoying yourself is all that matters. What more can you say than that.

Hi AndyMc,

I rember seeing a comment about grading woodworkers,
there are three grades:-

Throw it away. :oops:

Give it away. :?

Sell it. :D

I did not get into the workshop at all this weekend, :cry: but I am off for the week. :D
I am workng on a HiFi stand, 8 draws made, 3 more to go and then the body of the unit, I will post some pictures when it comes together.

Well still trying to sort out my shed/workshop in my new house. But finished off the router table I started last week. Although I need to make a fence other bits and bobs. Still didn't get around to giving my oak end table a finish! It's been over 6 months since I finished constructing it!
Cheers
Gidon

Back