Snooker Table Slate slabs or complete looking for a new home

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

katellwood

Established Member
Reaction score
Is anyone interested!

The place where I work is having to get rid of a full size snooker table currently in situ in the canteen, the baize and cushions are ripped and have seen better days. It has been offered to all and sundry with no takers.

It is being dismantled over the weekend and I am going to blagg the majority of the wood (mahogany of some sort) as an alternative to it being skipped

My question is what can be done with the slate, I believe it will be four pieces approx 6' x 3', could it be cut down to make surface plates (similar to granite ones) or would it not be flat enough?

If it can be put to some use either by cutting it into surface plates and shared amongst forum members or any other use someone may suggest then i'm open to suggestions.

The table is currently in Southwark close to London Bridge

I hasten to add I do not wish to make anything out of this so if someone can utilise the full table where a large number of people would benefit i.e. a youth club, voluntary organisation etc then I am willing to forego the timber. I would sooner see it put to good use.

Hi

I could possibly use a couple of the 6x3 pieces. Let me know/pm if you are going to disassemble it and they are spare.

I know the problem with these things. When my next door neighbour moved he had to break up his table - fire station, boys club etc - nobody was interested.

Cheers
Robin

I took it to pieces today and discovered that there were five slabs approx 40mm deep and 6' x 2'4" wide and weigh a ton!!!!!!!! my employers have offered the slabs to a local reclamation yard however they did not seen all that interested, will know by Mon what's happening with them,

watch this space