snail mail confirmed....!!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thomaskennedy

Established Member
Reaction score
on thursday at 11:30 (supposeldy) they came with my bowl blank that i had been waiting for, for around a week, i was actually up and in my living room when they supposely called, then i saw a piece of paper on the floor saying ,"oh we called at blah bla blah........could you please collect it in 24 hours...so friday came and i went down but of course it was good friday so it wasn't open, so then i went today and guess what....yup....it was shut....they reopen on tuesday!! i can't belive that i have to wait 4 days to get something that i've paid for so therefore belongs to me :(

never mind i'll have to find something else to do :p....i just thought you might be interested to know someonelses problem!

Tom

I think alot of these delivery guys have had SAS training .They have a knack of disguising their van and getting to your front door unseen, then i think they get out a can of wd40 to stop the letter box squeeking and lower the card in so you cant hear it hit the floor . :lol:

yeah its happened to me before, you would think they would knock again.

The worst time is when they drop it over the fence, thats happened once or twice. Like when I had some expensive Bessey clamps delivered for review :x

(No clamps were harmed, but it really annoyed me. Thank goodness for the decent packing.)

hehe i reckon they do have SAS training!! i swear this has happened to me like 3 times! at least when i got my delivery from screwfix the man there knocked LOUDLY so i could actually hear over the noise of the tele :p

Tom

The B&Q guy who made a recent delivery plumbed new depths. He rang me up to ask for directions, saying he was at the end of the cul-de-sac where, according to his instructions, I was supposed to live. However, he couldn’t find the house. I looked out of the window and said to him, “I can see your van. You’re parked directly outside my house. Look at the first floor window of the house on the left hand side of the van and you’ll see someone waving. Can you see?”

“Oh yeah,” he replied “How did you know?”

“That’s me waving to you.”

“Oh… right. So how do I actually get to the house?”

“There’s a footpath from the pavement that leads from your van door straight up to my front door. If you get lost on the way, try to focus on the big painted sign that reads ‘[My House Number, My Street]’ and has a dog motif built into it” (nice bit of practical intarsia). It’s right next to the front door and most people can see it from the pavement. In fact, I designed it so that people would be able to see it quite clearly from the end of the adjacent play area about 100 yards away.”

I walked down to meet him – a distance of some 30 feet, so it wasn’t exactly an expedition. Finally, he unloaded the wagon and asked if he could use my loo. I warned him that it wouldn’t be a good idea because he’d have to confront my pack of dogs en route. To be honest, I know just how difficult some guys find it to hit the porcelain and I simply didn’t trust him to be able to find the target. Come to that, I wasn’t even sure he’d be able to find his own zip.

Yours

Gill

Hi Gill,

It's good to hear that B&Q are employing better staff than they were. I mean - he found your cul-de-sac...

I was browsing the 'tool corral' in the Belvedere branch over the weekend, and I overheard a guy asking a particularly supercilious B&Q 'expert' about a large moulding bit which would be lethal if used without a table.
You can imagine the conversation.
I had to interrupt, and gently advised the bloke not to use it freehand, and the B&Q guy stood and argued with me.
I asked to look at the packaging, and sure enough there was a small router symbol with a line through it, and words to the effect of 'table mounting only'.
The expert said they only put that there to cover themselves, and that nobody really takes any notice of it.
At that point - I gave up. Lord only knows whether he bought it and whether or not he's still in one piece.

Steve

Back