Smith & Sweetman

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeff

Established Member
Reaction score
Well, did you all watch this new series on H&L . I can't wait to hear all the comments on this show. I don't think it was what alot of people expected and sometimes looked like a circus act. Is this another of H&Ls rubbish just like Shedheads?. Look forward to your views :shock:

I have to say that I quite liked it. Okay their presenting skills need a bit of work and they need to go into a bit (okay a lot) more detail but they very down to earth and normal unlike the other presenters.

I thought their furniture and design was amazing. I never thought I liked that style but now i want to try.

Every things there for a great show, if they work on there presenting and explain what their doing the show will be a winner..

I agree.

The adverts always look really good. They can make anything look good on ads!

I enjoyed the show, and I agree with charley the furniture was VERY good :)

But they didn't really explain anything and they never talked to the camera.

Nice EB tools though :p

Jeff, I agree with you. I will give it the benefit of the doubt because it is new and they are obviously new to presenting, however it was more like a video diary of someone making stuff..

Not very informative and not particularly inspiring.

Norm is still the king when it comes to informative woodworking shows, whether you like what he does or not the format of the show is very good.

As Charlie says we will give them the benefit of the doubt. It was a bit like an EB showroom( not complaining just jealous) but i would like to know what kind of software James was using for his designs?. Let's hope it only gets better as the weeks go on. Norm needs a bit of healthy competition. :D :D

Back