• We invite you to join UKWorkshop.
    Members can turn off viewing Ads!

Smallest half inch 1/2" router?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

jimmer

a right member
Reaction score
so far i've found the triton one: Triton 925837, 1010W and looks quite andy, speshly at 150 quid, or a similarly sized blue bosch at more like 400

anything else i could consider?

i already have a ig makita and a bosch mini router. i'd like a 'midi size so i caa leave the big one in the table and so i't a it less weighty

what you got?

jimmer

a right member
Reaction score
punctuation, hilarious. lack of capitals is intentional
numberous spelling mistakes are not : )

Eric The Viking

Established Member
Reaction score
Bristle, CUBA (the County that Used to Be Avon)
But the. grammer and punctuation And Bad spellin, do gets boreng afer a wile.
. . .

The question is, what do you want to use the router for?

1/2" gives less vibration (the shaft is more rigid), and can be driven harder, but that suggests a more powerful motor is helpful. So a low-powered 1/2" router is a bit counter-intuitive.

Have you considered using an 8mm collet in a smaller router? They are a decent step up from 1/4", so might be what you are looking for, and most decent 1/4" units will also take 8mm (my old & small Bosch ones will, for example). It's a very inexpensive way to improve their performance...

sunnybob

wysiwyg
Reaction score
They don't teach English like they used to, do they? :roll:

Another texter in our midst.
Welcome by the way, remember most of us are old and do not understand text speak.
OKM8?

MikeJhn

Grunkel
Reaction score
MikeJhn":55rhi236 said:
Draper Expert: draper-expert-1350w-230v-combination-router-kit-t42255-15.html impressed enough that I bought another.
The Draper I linked to above, I bought due to having low level double handles on the fixed depth accessory, I wanted stability beyond everything else due to Arthritis in my hands, it worked exceptionally well, so I bought the second one, its a lot smaller than most 1/2" routers and has never stalled or given up no matter what I asked it to do.

Latest posts