Smallest compressor for veneer pinner

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TRITON

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone know what the smallest compressor you'd need to be able to utilize an air veneer pinner, the ultra thin headless type. Think gauge 21 or 26, i always forget.

I am/was/still am hoping one of the tiny airbrush ones could do, as those are A. cheap as chips, and B very very small..

Unlikely to be needed for anything other than simple tackers, staplers and the like.

the little lidl/aldi for 50 quid is more than adequate for that and is also excellent for model airbrushes as well, with a water trap. I also use it for my metal shears and my nibbler

something with a 10l tank is about as small as I'd go. can't remember what size my mini comp is right now, but it will run a brad nailer quite happily (it's run a considerable bigger gun in the past too).

I've been using an small airbrush compressor for my small nail guns for years.
Warning..... because there so quiet I forget to turn it off when I left the workshop, so fitted a switch with a neon light to remind me.

i just bought a nuair 10l from SGS, its pretty quiet and happily runs an 18g brad nailer, thinking about a 23g headless pinner myself, but im not sure id use one.

I've had and SGS generator and chainsaw and they have been great.

Customer service has been excellent when I've needed it which hasn't been often tbh.

Cheers James

Back