small wooden or plastic knobs for puzzles

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
several things spring to mind, you could use a standard dowel and taper it on a sander then cut each to length.
Tapered plug cutter.
How about the domed buttoned people sell to fill in the screw holes.
Craft supplies may also do something along those lines
Hope this helps

All the best
Neil

Thanks for the suggestions
I had thought of dowels but am concerned about holding them on securely, likewise the plastic pins: these are small parts on what is to be a toy for small children - maybe what I should have asked is - what adhesive do others suggest?
I was thinking on using up some left over laminate floor (left over from a job in someone elses house - not mine - horrible stuff!) for the puzzle.
I don't think PVA will be up to it.
Gorilla glue? but then there's the fiddle of cleaning off the foamed out bit around the knob and which will foam over the picture and possibly damage it on trying to remove it
Epoxy?

amilford":2wh5r463 said:
Thanks for the suggestions
I had thought of dowels but am concerned about holding them on securely, likewise the plastic pins: these are small parts on what is to be a toy for small children - maybe what I should have asked is - what adhesive do others suggest?
I was thinking on using up some left over laminate floor (left over from a job in someone elses house - not mine - horrible stuff!) for the puzzle.
I don't think PVA will be up to it.
Gorilla glue? but then there's the fiddle of cleaning off the foamed out bit around the knob and which will foam over the picture and possibly damage it on trying to remove it
Epoxy?

Hi amilford and welcome

I would put small screws in from the back with some loctite on each one to ensure that there is no way a child could break the knob off

Back