Small van

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have just sold a 2012 Caddy as have bought another one 2016 automatic as my wife's left knee could not handle a clutch in a traffic jam. They are a great van and the diesel engine will go on forever. More importantly they hold their second hand value. I also have a VW T5 which I have had from new. Now 13 years old it it is as reliable as when new. Cannot fault VW vans. Hope this helps.

Lons":3fxkxxlv said:
Wasn't the Sedona was discontinued for the UK 9 or 10 years ago Droogs?

2017 but lots around and excellent value for what you can do with it. I know 2 ppl who have now got 'em as a backup crew van kind of thing

That's interesting Droogs I seem to remember when they launched a new model my brother was interested but it was not available in the UK and he said they had dropped it for our market due to low sales volume and LHD issues.

I'm probably wrong though, the old memory gets worse by the day. :wink:

I'm a fan of van based cars, rather than car based vans. Had a Citroen. Synergie for almost 20 years. Still miss it.

Where do you live? Most small vans are diesel, affordable pre 2016 ones are usually euro 5 (manufacturers vary, phased out 2015 Onwards)
and from later this year any diesel that is not Euro 6 will have to pay something like £12 every time they enter the expanded London ULEZ, look it up on TFL website but its a big area, I think bounded by the north and south circular maybe pushing out to the M25 one day.
Not a worry in most places in UK.... yet.

My son is an orchestral percussionist, so got himself a Ford Tourneo Connect to carry big instruments. Hisinsirsnce quotes for vans were very high so the van with seats was the answer. Also avoids the lower A road speed limits you get with vans

Got the slightly puny sounding 1.0 petrol as he often works in the zone. Future proofing of sorts.
Probably fails the 8x4 test, the grand Tourneo connect might be OK, but I'm massively impressed with its use ability generally. Very square loads space and the seats come out unlike my Picasso where they fold flat and take away lots of height. Even with the 1.0 engine it goes well enough but you have to stir the gearbox a bit more than some.

It ended up being a close run thing between a Caddy and a Transit Courier - the Caddy won as my wife preferred the colour! I can use it at the tip - just had to give the Council proof it’s being used privately.

Rorschach":1lbvwxmx said:
Blackswanwood":1lbvwxmx said:
I can use it at the tip - just had to give the Council proof it’s being used privately.

How do you prove that?

I have an Ifor Williams twin wheel 8x4 trailer of the type which is normally commercial although I am retired but our local authority allows me to apply on line for 12 permits a year where I have to list the main materials and quantity as bags and there are materials such as glass, rubble, plasterboard, kitchen units etc I would have to pay for. There is a limit on the quantity I can dispose of in a year though I can't remember what that is without checking.

On arrival at the recycling centre I have to produce the roughly itemised permit, photo I.D. and proof of address and if there's anything that they're suspicious about they would refuse to accept and report me to the L.A.

Back