Small Tenon Saw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikeW

Established Member
Reaction score
Good Morning Everyone...

I'm just finishing up this small tenon saw and wanted to share it with you...

12" blade with 3 1/4" depth of cut, 15 ppi filed rip. Still need to take it apart, polish the blade and brass and wax the handle, which is Cocobolo.

Take care, Mike

sml_tenon_0001a.jpg

sml_tenon_0002a.jpg

WOW Mike, that looks gorgeous. Where did the blade come from? an old saw or one you made youself from stock material

Thanks for the compliment Tony and Geppetto!

The steel is new steel. In this case .035" because of the depth of cut and the rip being filed a bit agressive. Keeps the blade from buckling.

The Cocobolo came from my closet :lol:

Seriously, the wood all comes from any number of suppliers. This and a few other similar Cocobolo boards came from my local Woodcraft. I have some other that is varigated red and black--it's quite stunning--and came from a different supplier, also local, named Gilmer Wood Company.

Thanks again--Mike

gee mike this is getting boring, in the time most of us take to sharpen a small chisel, you seem to make beautiful saws that actually look like they will cut wood, not cheese :lol: :lol:

i have booked a space in the local art gallery so when can we expect a display model? =D> =D>

seriously this is getting hard for us to follow, we all want to know
when we can buy one, and will they all be so nice, and work so well?????

thanks mate for the sightings more for us mere mortals to aim for.
paul :wink:

Hi everyone...

Chris, thank you for the compliment. Supporting LN is a good thing too. It's a good saw.

Paul, of course they cut well :lol: we do test them several times before sending them out, and when possible, using the same woods as the new owners. I see Frank posted a link--but if it evaporates, send me a PM. And than you for the kind words--they mean a lot to us.

Jarviser, the saw, handle and the inletting of it into the blade, is taken right from a Harvey Peace saw. They called it their Perfection Handle. While I was dumb enough to sell that saw some time back, I had at least made a pattern from it. Thank you for the compliment--wish it was my bright idea!

Frank, than you so much for being great moral support--and picking up my slack in posting the url...

Take care, Mike

Newbie_Neil":26kucx96 said:
Hi Frank

Frank D.":26kucx96 said:
Well,
Someone asked so I'll give the info. You can get one here:
http://www.wenzloffandsons.com/saws/.

There is nothing to stop Mike putting the url of his home page in his signature.

Cheers
Neil
And Mike will when there is a home page to point to that concerns saws. As it is, I barely have time for making the things, let alone doing web work. But it will happen within the next month or so.

Thank you. Mike

Back