Small SDS battery drill....

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My only suggestion is that the 18V version might be a better choice. Almost identical ? Not much heavier or dearer but I would expect 18V to be quite a lot more powerful which might help if you find yourself doing the odd bigger hole.
10.8V is great when you want a single handed drill driver, but these are a bit bigger than that.

Cheers guys, being semi-retired now and as i already have a 10.8v drill and impact driver combo set i was thinking about selling my 240v SDS and getting the 10.8v SDS (body only) and use the batts i already have and possibly supplement with a 4Ah battery. And as you say if i shop around i can indeed get it a little cheaper :) (y)

I don’t have the 10.8v but have had 2,18v makitas over the years & have had no problems with them even though they get used beyond their design criteria

It's a beast! Makita 10.8V version is HR166DZ and for 18V is DHR171Z, choose whatever batteries you have.

I have 10.8V version and I'm very impressed by it.
It weights only 2.0 Kg and has 1 J impact which is just perfect for my walls, where I drill mostly 8mm holes.
Recently also helped a friend and drilled 16mm holes in concrete wall, 4 of them, with 8mm pilot hole.
Battery of 4 Ah lasted 24 6mm holes, then widened to 8mm holes in maybe 10 minutes time (was fixing wooden frame to the wall).
What is also nice about it is that I hardly feel any vibration.
And the price of 10.8 (or 12max) version was around 100 EUR for body only. This is like regular 18V cordless drill/driver.

There is no hammer only mode, but I have corded Bosch with 2.2J for that.

If you already have the 10.8 batteries/charger it would be fine for around the house.
I have the 171 18v version, and again, plenty for domestic use. All my stuff is the 18v platform and in truth I can’t fault any of the tools.....although I don’t rate they’re bits/drill bits etc

Cheers guys, being semi-retired now and as i already have a 10.8v drill and impact driver combo set i was thinking about selling my 240v SDS and getting the 10.8v SDS (body only) and use the batts i already have and possibly supplement with a 4Ah battery. And as you say if i shop around i can indeed get it a little cheaper :) (y)

I have this Drill and when using it for those simple repetitive holes for Rawl plugs it is amazing. Light and plenty powerful.

I got it when I was rewiring my house and was putting in loads of back boxes. With a decent 4ah battery it'll last a decent amount of time and never missed a beat. I've even used it to put up a curtain rail though a concrete lintel which is was a little slower than maybe a bigger version but still managed it fine.

I used it a few days ago to put a 10mm hole right through a cavity wall which again it managed fine.

If you dont need the function of the hammer/chisel function then its a great choice and i'm sure there are plenty of tradespeople out there who after a day of using the heavier big brother of it would wish it was as light as the little baby version.

Back