Small Portable Dust Collector

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mikegtr

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
I am looking for advice on which make of portable dust collector to buy. For small workshop--to connect to bench sander / bandsaw etc. What do you have & recommend?

I'd get a vacuum type one like a Henry for a bandsaw / sander.

I have the £40 Wickes one and it's fine.

Cheers James

I use an old Dyson DC01 on small tools. It's a cyclone design, and works really well. I make adaptors for different tools on the 3D printer. I also have an old Aqua vac driving a cyclone on my planer and table saw, another on my bench mounted router. I have a Rexon 1000M3/H on my bandsaw and mitre saw. I get them on Facebook marketplace or retired from house service.
You can pick up old vacuums very cheaply.

Agree with Mike j 460 -This is my portable extractor for small and medium tools ,, had it running a few years and can’t remember changing the bag , all the dust and shavings etc end up in the tub. The one in the photo is a dust deputy ( quite expensive) but there are clone versions online. You may have to adapt your hoover to suit the outlets but definitely worth it unless you want to spend forever cleaning your vac filters and changing the dust bags . If I remember correctly the d/deputy came with most of the fittings required but I had to adapt the vac hose to suit . I used an assortment of 32 and 40 mm push fit pipe and fittings to connect router sander and circular saw etc .

Attachments

• 8D32848E-64C6-4D0D-A5D2-97DAE0FAC532.jpeg
    8D32848E-64C6-4D0D-A5D2-97DAE0FAC532.jpeg
    82.2 KB · Views: 23
  • F9E264BE-49E3-41D6-8537-8AABD8B87EBE.jpeg
    F9E264BE-49E3-41D6-8537-8AABD8B87EBE.jpeg
    75.8 KB · Views: 22
Agree with Mike j 460 -This is my portable extractor for small and medium tools ,, had it running a few years and can’t remember changing the bag , all the dust and shavings etc end up in the tub. The one in the photo is a dust deputy ( quite expensive) but there are clone versions online. You may have to adapt your hoover to suit the outlets but definitely worth it unless you want to spend forever cleaning your vac filters and changing the dust bags . If I remember correctly the d/deputy came with most of the fittings required but I had to adapt the vac hose to suit . I used an assortment of 32 and 40 mm push fit pipe and fittings to connect router sander and circular saw etc .

Mine is very similar. A clone version of the Dust Deputy (from eBay) linked to a Lavor wet&dry vacuum that Lidl sold many years ago. A very effective setup.

Back