Small panel saw or Large Table saw for business workshop

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PaulPro

Reaction score
Hi Guys, first post here.

I have a workshop and my old Sheppach table saw has packed in. Im looking to replace this with another heavy duty rip/table saw or small panel saw.

I'm finding options between the two difficult to come by. I dont have the space for a panel saw which needs around 6m x 3.8m footprint. I have a space of about 5m x 3m

I was about to purchase a second hand robland for 5k but backed out after looking at dimensions.

Has anyone else run into this issue and found an in between?

Thanks

Hello and welcome to the forum.

I have what I think is classed as a middle sized panel saw, the table slides about 1.8m.

I was worried it might be a bit big for my needs but now wouldn't be without it. Obviously mine isn't big enough to rip down a full 8x4 sheet just using the sliding table but it is big enough that one person can easily rip down an 8x4 sheet using the fence.

If you are cutting sheets on a panel saw or table saw you still need more or less the same amount of space.

It all depends what your needs are but I have found my panel saw to be a really useful bit of kit, if I was buying again I would even consider a 2,5m slider if it was the right price even though it would look a bit big in the space I have for it.

Back