Small induction table saw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PeterF86

Reaction score
Long shot but has anyone made a list of all the small benchtop/contractors table saws that use induction motors? I'm looking for a cheap one second hand but finding it hard to get information on the type of motors they have.
I have a tiny workshop so can't fit a big saw, but also want to work in the evenings so need one thats relatively quiet.

True, but some are much louder than others! The makita looks pretty good. I guess I'm just looking in too low a price bracket 😕

True, but some are much louder than others! The makita looks pretty good. I guess I'm just looking in too low a price bracket 😕

I've just picked up the DeWalt contractor saw, £360 manufacturer recon from eBay , very happy with it but wow is it loud ..

Would it be cheaper to soundproof your shed than buy a very expensive quiet saw ?

Just had new patio door fitted and the guy had makita and dewalt saws . The Makita was fairly quiet and he said more power and better build /ease of use than the dewalt. Cant remember which dewalt but the Makita was MLT100. Seemed like a well built and fast saw.

A Mikita MLT100 has a table of 960x690mm, which is as large as many proper table saws (with induction motors). So unless you need to actually pack away the saw in order for the workshop to function, I can’t see any reason to go for such a saw as a workshop tool.

My Holzmann TS200 has an induction motor and is very quiet now I have upgraded the blade. I've also upgraded the fence. Only thing I can fault is the dust collection which is shocking but can be improved on. I paid £650 12 months ago new but probably a bit more now.

You can get quiet tablesaw blades, but not sure if they are made for small diameter blades, but I can't see why not.
Trevanion has a really good thread which is worth reading, might find it on google if not here something along the lines of a guide to circular saw blades.
Just to note incase that might matter.
A capable bandsaw would be quieter and do most of the same jobs, should you not mind using the hand plane.

Tom

I second the Kity 419.... used one in a VERY small workshop for 10 years. Though now discontinued, has a lot of parts in common with the mid-range Shop Fox bench saw (including the sliding carriage and side tables... must have licensed the design). It's a very smooth running 8 inch saw with a fairly easy to remove splitter (insert flame war, here). Table top is cast aluminium and I found it to be flat and durable without crazy weight.

The Bosch gts10xc is a fantastic small shop saw with induction motor, I still have one from my cellar workshop days, its the best small saw I have used IMO.

the Mikita mtl100 is a horrific, noisy piece of plasticky junk

Back