Small fume Please excuse

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

I am fed up with the post office.

I have a card at home saying that they tried to deliver and it needs my signature. They try to deliver when I am at work and the post office is closed when I go to work and closed when I come home :twisted:

I have NO IDEA what it is and am not about to take time off work because someone else wants me to receive their letter.

These idiots should just send it first class if they want me to receive it!!!

To top it all, I just phoned brimarc for mk2 sharpening guide - only deliver to home address!! I WON'T BE THERE :twisted: :twisted:

I ordered a new plane from Axminster 20 minutes ago - will arrive at work tomorrow :) That is more like it :wink:

Tony,
does that card allow you to select a time for delivery when you will be there? eg Saturday morning.
Andy

One of the reasons I check with suppliers who their delivery agent is, is because I actually prefer the Royal Mail. We are never in and they just take the parcels back to the local office and on a Saturday morning we pop over and pick up all the stuff delivered in the week.
We have quite a bit of stuff through the post and so far have never had anything damaged, go missing or had to put up with stupid courier rules that keep trying to deliver, never tell you they've tried to deliver or even stuff it in the dustbin and don't tell you it's there. The Post Office also know where our house is which most couriers don't.
Whoops, starting to run into an anti-rant. It's just that I actually like the Post Office and wonder why people are constantly ranting at them when there are far worse out there.

I'm sure that Brimarc will be able to put you onto a dealer that will deliver to an alternative address.

As to delivery to your work address, you are quite lucky as my place have forbidden this after a buzzing package caused a bomb scare. Yes you guessed it, it was a certain type of personal entertainment device. :roll:

Hey Tony-why not take the day off and drive down and collect it from Axminster in person??
What? Oh yeah-its a blinking long way :lol: :twisted:
NaughtyPhilly :wink:

Tony":3vdwl4k9 said:

Eh? What has first class got to do with it? It still arrives after lunch!!!

You can send the card back normally, specifying which day they can deliver (e.g. a Saturday), or you may even be able to specify an alternative delivery address.

Adam

I feel your pain Tony

I don't drive and the post sorting office is about 45mins walk. I once took the day off work AND paid for a cab to the sorting office. Only to find my shiny new YELLOW PAGES! grrrr

:twisted: :evil: ](*,)

Tony

My bet is that it is a replacement credit/ bank card. Is one about to run out of date? They won't send it to your work address because its not the statement address!

I agree it is annoying (our depots are both 40 mins away), however our postman is magic and he has driven here before with something needing a signature in his own car on a sunday! Admittedly he was going to be going passed us anyway but still well above and beyond the call of duty.

They stopped stuff being delivered to our Goods Inwards when I worked in an office because so much stuff was being signed for by Mickey Mouse and then disappearing.

It is a fundamental flaw in the 24/7 ordering world - order when you like, delivered at their convenience!

Cheers

Tim

Adam":3hepj7a1 said:
Tony":3hepj7a1 said:

Eh? What has first class got to do with it? It still arrives after lunch!!!

Adam

It's a letter mate, not a parcel and so would be popped through the door without me being there - probably not clear enough in original post

Still can't see you avatar :?

I'm sure Adam will illuminate us shortly, but I imagine that the fact that you can see the smiley with the stick should indicate that you can see the whole file. Stick jogs image holder to make picture visible, image holder falls on smiley instead. Sheesh! :roll:

T

Yes. The smiley with the stick is all you are supposed to see. I think Tony must either be A) too impatient to watch it for long, or B) genuinely can't see it for some reason?

Ada,

Ahhh. I get it now. Just needed to turn on animated gifs. [which I keep turned of because of all the annoying advertising that used them - and don't get me started on Flash]

Andrew

Latest posts

Back