Small fitting facemasks

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TobyT

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Hi All,

Looking to get my 12yr old a facemask. He's fairly handy with modelling, and minor metalworking (brass, copper and bits of tin cans) using hammers, dremel and filing. While there isn't much in the way of dust created at the moment I want to encourage him to actively use PPE before he undoubtaly moves onto the more hazardous stuff. To this end I need to find something that will fit him and be comfortable, so that he gets into the habit of using it.

Any recommendations for a smaller face fitting mask?
As a secondary requirement it needs to be robust as careful management of tools is still being learnt, and it will probably be left laying around on the floor.

He already has goggles and safety glasses. They do come from one of these kids science kits, so probably aren't up to full impact standard, but he does at least use them when we 'remind' him.

Go to a proper PPE supplier, they should have them all sizes. Get mine from Main man supplies.
I know the Moldex one I have comes in small. It's quite good as you can select only the filters you need. P3 for dust only are small and light but if you do painting you can just put on an ABEK under it.
Really comfy and adjustable too.

Ollie

Thanks. Bit far to get him to a PPE supplier at the moment, so I have just ordered the 3m 6001 via a chep deal on ebay. I had a bigger size in the past, which worked for me.

Encouraging non-floor working is a slow and frustrating exercise. He has a workbench, but it quickly piles high with stuff and he complains it isn't convenient. I have just walked into his room to find him sitting on the floor to change the bit on the dremel, which he assures me that was going to be used on the bench. Hmm. I have at least got him to stop using the hot melt glue gun and soldering iron on the carpet, on pain of instant removal of said tools if I find them there.

Ah childhood fun, haven’t we all manufactured chlorine gas in our bedrooms at least once?

Back on topic, I prefer to extract at source, the noise can be off-putting but a pack of self-adhesive googley eyes can be had off eBay to turn a suction nozzle into a hungry monster that is apparently less perturbing.

Back