• We invite you to join UKWorkshop.
    Members can turn off viewing Ads!

Slow "server" on UKW today?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

MikeK

Staff member
Reaction score
Strange this - I see the post from John15 (above) in Oxford was just "a few minutes ago". Yet I'm on now (and have been for the last few minutes) and all is normal. Just for Mods into ..........
It's normal for me too...now. However, in the wee hours of this morning, it was not. Angie is coordinating with the IT experts, since this is not a UKW specific problem.

Reactions: AES

smackie

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
I saw it displaying database access errors last night (about midnight) so it definitely looks like a server issue on the UKW end...

MikeK

Staff member
Reaction score
I saw it displaying database access errors last night (about midnight) so it definitely looks like a server issue on the UKW end...
I should have been more clear. It is a server related issue, but not isolated to the UKW. Apparently the problem is affecting all sites that share the same server or data center and will take more mental horsepower to identify, isolate, and fix.

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
There was an element of the software that had been updated that was causing the slow, etc. Head Tech found it and has tweaked it so the server should not be slowing today. Please post here if it starts happening again.

• Thanks
Reactions: AES

Droogs

Is that chisel shar ... Ow
Reaction score
Just to let you guys know, the site is quite slow for me this morning. Rather than maybe 1/2 a sec to load or refresh may a few seconds, definately a noticeable delay this morning

FYI

Noel

Staff member
Reaction score
Odd as I’ve had no issues at all this past week or two. Wonder what’s up?

AES

Established Member
Reaction score
Just to let you guys know, the site is quite slow for me this morning. Rather than maybe 1/2 a sec to load or refresh may a few seconds, definately a noticeable delay this morning

FYI

Ah Hah Droogs. So you can't blame the excellent (from the size of their bills anyway) Sasenach Swiss gremlins this time can yer? :)

Droogs

Reaction score
Oh, I know those electrons are knackered as they've been round your gaff before they came over to mine, what with you living in the future :p

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
@Droogs Thanks for that information. I'm watching to see if it happened with others.

Droogs

Reaction score
It actually appears to be running at normal speed just now 16:40 UK time

AES

Established Member
Reaction score
Oh, I know those electrons are knackered as they've been round your gaff before they came over to mine, what with you living in the future :p
Well if they did come over to your gaff I hope they charged you accordingly. Living in the future? Us? NEVER - as long as you've got a hole in yer, er .... fundamental mate: