Slow eBay payers

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chippy1970

Established Member
Reaction score
Anyone here an avid eBayer ?

How long do you guys normally wait before opening a non payment case.

I had an item finish Sunday and not heard a thing. I normally get payment the next day at the latest.

I've looked on the net for info but there's so much conflicting info.

The guy has 100% feedback and has been an eBayer since 2004 so hopefully he's genuine.

Hi Chippy
Have you sent an invoice? I sometimes find with buyers with few transactions that they expect the initiative to come from the seller. Could also be he fell off a ladder on Monday and is lying in hospital thinking how am I going to pay Chippy :lol:
Regards Keith

I now put in my listings payment to be made with 24hrs of auction end, other wise bid will be cancelled blah blah. I looked into it last year as i had to wait nearly a week for a payment. Which it seems ebay allows. I think they say 7 days before a case can be opened. I will see if i can find the info again.

Sad i know, but if i am bidding on an item. I will be there waiting to see if i win, if i do i pay straight away. :)

EDIT

Ebay says you need to wait 4 days

http://answercenter.ebay.com/question/E ... /900255845

Lol yeah you never know.

Yeah I always do it by the book and invoice the buyer. I've since sent a private message and as far as I can tell eBay send out an automatic reminder 3 days after the end of the auction.

hi chippy i send invoice then after three days send reminder asking if every thing is ok and if they have over looked making payment & saying if there is a problem please get in touch , if every thing is ok please make payment in seven days , as after seven days i will open non payment with ebay.
normally works.
pip

It could have been out of the purchasers control. I bid on an item last week and it ended at the weekend. My internet went down Friday and wasn't back up until Monday. I sent the seller a message explaining what happened but I had sent the payment as soon as my connection was back.

had the same problem as above post ...except my computer crashed ...the dreaded BLUE screen .........
had to use my neighbours pc in the end

Dave :O)

I sold an item on the 27th, and its now the 29th and no sign of payment. Normally I wouldn't bother and leave it for a while, but I'd costed the postage based on current RM rates which change after the bank holiday adding £2.70 to the cost. If I don't get paid today, it won't get posted tomorrow, and I will be out of pocket through no fault of my own.

I find it more and more frequently, probably about 1 in 5 sales.

I normally file a non paying bidder report as soon as possible, after sending the invoice twice.

I am one of them that keeps an eye on things i'm bidding on. Sometimes I may take almost a day to pay, if the item ends while at work, i generally pay up in the evening.

With the amount of technology people have in their pockets all the time, theres not really much of an excuse imo.

Back