Slot Cutting Router Bit Advice

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

diyphil

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi All
I would like to build some wall hung cabinets for the garage with shaker style doors. I need a slot cutting router bit for the door build. The bit will be sitting in a Triton TRA001 router housed in a router table, so I could buy 1/4" or 8mm shank bits. I would like a good quality slot cutting bit, but don't know which make to buy, so any advice would be greatly received.
Phil

Yes that is correct Trevanion. A groove for the 6mm panel.
Thanks Trevanion and Phil Pascoe for your advice. I see you both recommend the same make as Peter Millard uses. I will order an arbor and groover from Wealden.

I bought that a few weeks back based on Peters recommendations. Works really well. Get the 1/4" slot width, which is 6.35mm, which gives you enough slack to fit the panels easily.

Iirc you get free P&P at £20 (it may have changed of course) - if you use cutters with bearings or spacers you can use these to make the money up. They are cheap enough in themselves but it's annoying if you need a £2 bearing and have to pay the P&P - just find one you haven't already got, they all seem to get used at some stage.
Incidentally, once you've got the arbor if you haven't a biscuit jointer you can get the cutter that suits biscuits. Not quite the same as a dedicated machine but it works, you just need to elongate the groove a little.

[ed.] scratch that — had opened the wrong groover

Last edited:
Back