Sloping wardrobe rail?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doug71

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm making an understair cupboard and to maximise the hanging space/height the wardrobe rail needs to run at the same angle as the stairs.

I have seen one called Zebedee but too expensive, also seen short notched ones but too short, probably need to be 800-900mm long?

Am thinking of using a piece of oak and notching out the top or drilling a line of holes along the bottom?

Just wondered if anybody has made something similar or bought something off the shelf that will do what I need?

Thanks in advance, Doug

Maybe look at shopfitting suppliers?

A series of short dowel pegs fitted into a bar would be stronger size for size than notching.

Finally got back on this job today, started it 5 months ago, luckily very understanding customer.

Just thought I would show what I did in the end in case anybody is doing similar.

Obviously a few ways it could be done but the customer liked the idea of Birch ply with holes in so that's what we went for. I think it worked out okay, hopefully it will be strong enough......

hanging rail.jpg

hanging rail 2.jpg

Back