Slipping Sander Sheets

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stefan szoka

Reaction score
I have an old Bosch PS 230 orbital sander. Recently, it no longer grips sanding sheets tight enough on spring clamps resulting in sheet twisting at an angle off the pad. Have taken off springs and retensioned with no success. Thought about filing slots on gripper bar for contact points rather than continuous contact along bar, but not tried it yet.
Any one had similar troubles ?
Regards,
Stefan

Hi Stefan

I understand your prob. I have a sander that does the same thing. I helped it some by placing a small strip of extra sandpaper under the springs. This helped a little. :cry: Like you, I have thought of cutting some teeth on the spring or even looking a putting a piece of hacksaw blade in the catch somehow. About that time I got another sander and have failed to do anything about it, :oops: When I get get some time I am going to look into it. Its almost worthless as is. Let me know if you get a fix. :D

Travis

:idea: It was only a matter of time before I got to give as well as receive (don't make your own jokes up on that)
One of the few bits of kit I do have is an orbital sander and what I have done is wrapped a bit of self amalgim tape (not sure of the spelling but sparkies use it) around the spring clamps. It gives a rubbery suface that stops the paper slipping.
Hope that helps
:eek:ccasion5:
Cheers
Grumf

Latest posts

Back