'Slip-Bricks' Query for wall-repairs.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Benchwayze

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi folks,

I have a few frost damaged bricks in my yard wall, that need filling over. I could mix mortar with brick dust, but I've seen some slip-bricks, I might be able to use. (They are just house-brick sized tiles really, about 3/4" thick.) The slip-bricks are apparently exterior grade, and I think they might save me messing with a trowel, trying and probably failing, to make a decent job, that looks like a real brick! Has anyone used these slip-bricks to repair a wall, or know of anyone who has please?

TIA :)

lincs1963":18qkd5wl said:
I think you will find that they are 'brick slips.
Have. a look at this link or google 'brick slips'.
HTH, Neil.
http://www.slimbrick.co.uk/?gclid=CJ_x4 ... tAodZFUg0A

Thanks Neil. I saw that site after a search. Another site told me they were slip-bricks! I dunno, I called them brick facings! But I only need a few.

Biter,

I have enough tools; as someone used to say. :lol:

I do need just a few, but to hire the grinder, would be as much as buying a box of the slips. I think I'll just gob these holes up with mortar and buy some brick paint. The wall is built with old style flettons, and it's a just a hotch-potch of colours anyhow!
Many thanks for the assists.

:D

Back