Slightly bowed laminate

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sams93

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Hello

I know this isn’t real woodworking… but…. I’m laying some laminate floor for the first time over the next 2 days.

I stupidly left it in my car for 3 days before I took it out, during which time it was sat at a slight angle, and has developed a very minor bow (2cm bow in a metre length). Annoyingly this has meant that when I go to click it together, it sits up at a slight angle still. (I’ll take a photo).

Is there an easy way to straighten it before laying. I’ve left it overnight with pieces alternate way up and a big slab with weights on top so far.

I don’t need to start laying it until tomorrow really - grateful for any advice.

Probably not tbh , if the weight of a slab or two doesn’t flatten it out then you may have to leave it several days in the room you intend to install it . I had this issue twice with laminate from b and q , in the 1st instance I thought it was the customers fault for not storing it in the room it was being installed-it was badly warped and a real pain to fit ( just couldn’t get it to click/ lock together. 2nd instance -same cust and flooring from b n q and it was put in the intended room for a week was also badly warped . I posted it on this site a while back . The only way I could actually install it was to engage as much as possible into the previous row and using a short off cut locked into the front of the board I was trying to fit and whack it with a dead blow hammer to fully close the gap in the middle of every board . I’ve only had this issue with b n q flooring and I’ve fitted many laminate floors over the years . Also are you removing the skirting boards or using beading’s?

Back