Sliding wardrobe door gear.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Derr

Established Member
Reaction score
I have been asked to build some wardrobes for somebody with two full height sliding doors that run in the same track. They want wardrobes made as three equal sections (of around 750mm each) with the centre section being drawers and open shelving and the two side sections having a sliding door each that when opened will slide in front of the drawer/shelf section (obviously only one side at any one time) so what I need is sliding door gear that can have both doors in the same track slot so they are on the same plane but long enough to span the whole unit.

Can anybody suggest suitable track for such a design?

Conventional 2 track stuff but don't use one of the tracks? Might be easier to find. If the inner track is unused, it allows space for drawer handles.

Stanley as in Stanley tools make a lot of diff designs of tracks...but there must be others out there......
Hafelel make brill draw runner/slides...guessing they make the stuff for wardrobes as well.......
All the decent, quiet / nice to use runners that I have found come from Germany......

Back