Sliding Compound Mitre Saw advice

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi everyone,

does anybody know if Elektra Beckum are going to be represented at the Axminster show :?: :?:

Cheers :D

Michel

ps

I notice the new Elektra Beckum KGS305 has a brake on the blade which is good.

I can give another plug for the Makita LS1013. With a good quality blade the accuracy is absolutely spot on. No measurable deviation from the intended line at all over the entire length of cut. Excellent tool.

Graham W

Hello everyone,

just an update for anybody interested :D

After seeing and testing the Makita LS1214F sliding mitre saw at the axminster show on Thursday. I decided it was the one for me, although it is heavier and less portable than the LS1013, i liked the advantage of the extra capacity for my needs (mainly workshop use). The saw and stand has now arrived, however i haven't had a chance to set it up yet, because i need to finish painting the floor in the workshop :roll:

Will let you know how it performs in action once setup.

Regards

Michel

I've noticed that since the 1214F has come out, the price of the LS1013 has dropped a hefty amount (originally around £560ish down to £490ish)- should anyone else be hankering after it but couldn't justify the previous outlay.

Just thought I'd share that (sadly I still can't afford one) :cry:

Ike

Hello ike,

i noticed the price of the LS1013 was dropping which was very tempting, however i have a few projects planned which will need the extra capacity of the LS1014F.

Otherwise i would have gone for the LS1013.

Time will tell if i have made the right decision :D :(

Regards

Michel

Greetings,

Just bought my LS1013 from Calder Trade (www.caldertrade.co.uk) for approx £482 with the folding table and a rather useful Makita sports/travel bag (with roller wheels and a pull-out handle) thrown in.

Been thinking about getting one for ages but kept putting it off, but with my T/S now in Switzerland and me (in the UK) needing to build a frame to support a bath and also needing to cut some skirting, I finally bit the bullet. It will be de-flowered this weekend :)

Latest posts

Back