Sliding compound miter saw advice please

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hunggaur

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi folks I am looking to update my miter saw as it is getting old and warn out.

I currently have an old Axminster white. 10 inch sliding miter saw.

I have about £200 to spend and would welcome views and guidance on any good options.

Ideally I would like to get 10 inch sliding saw

Cheers

Jon

Up until recently I had a SIP Ultimate sliding compound mitre saw. After some initial fettling it cut really well (and square) and I liked the 2 speed option and even used it for cutting steel 1"square tubing and 12mm x 35mm Aluminium bar. I have since replaced it with a Kapex 120 and whilst a great saw, if I am really honest, apart from the build quality it doesn't do an awful lot better than the SIP.

I do feel good using it though Im not convinced it was worth over 4 times the cost of the SIP.

The Hitachi is a great tool in your budget, a mate bought one and if I'd have known how good it was for the money so would I-when my makita packs in I will buy one

Jon have you considered buying second hand you could get a better machine for your budget

yes i did think about it but would prefer to by new to stop having any problems with what others have done with the saw before me.

I do have the option to by the 8 inch bosch professional with the extension work stand for £220.00 brand new which is what i am think of getting

cheers

jon

Back