Sky Planner

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Argee

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Don't know if anyone else is having the same problem - I'm on an old Sky box (not Sky+) and although the programme synopsis is available for each channel (in the box at the bottom of the screen), the TV Guide "All Channels" planner doesn't work, just says "Searching for listings" and does now't.

I've reset the box, to no avail. It's no big deal, but I wondered if it's general, or just my box?

Ray.

I think I recall them advertising changes to this service. Try the info channel (999?)

Ray,

We had that problem as well the other weekend except that it happened on a couple of the channels.
I switched the unit off for a while and it seemed to have sorted itself out.
I was wondering if there is a software update required. We don't have our box plugged into the telephone line all the time (I don't like the idea of it dialling out whenever it likes) and perhaps it needs to phone home for an update?
Is your telephone line plugged in?

Ray, we have exactly the same problem that you describe.

At first it was just a few pages within the electronic program guide that displayed 'Searching for listings', the rest of the pages showing the channels and programme information as usual.

Now, all I see is the 'Searching for listings' message and this doesn't change even after 5 minutes or so.

My Sky Box (Not Sky Plus) is connected to the phone line.

I too have tried pulling the plug for 20 seconds and then re-booting the system.

I am told that if you press one of the buttons on the front whilst you power the box up, it downloads any upgrades that are available. Trouble is, I can't remember which button (Doh!).

I am already annoyed with Sky for demanding that I enter a PIN on certain movie channels between 8 and 10pm for a 12 or 15 film. Not a lot of good if you're not in the house at the time which is why you probably set it to record in the first place - but I get no sense from them when I ring them.

Frustrated Sky viewer!!

SMD":3m4nmbji said:
Ray, we have exactly the same problem that you describe.

I am told that if you press one of the buttons on the front whilst you power the box up, it downloads any upgrades that are available. Trouble is, I can't remember which button (Doh!).
SMD - thanks for the reply, it stirred me into finding out myself. The trick is to switch off at the mains, then switch back on with the "Back up" button (on the box, not the remote) held in until all the LEDs on the front of the box light up together. You'll then get a message on your TV screen saying that the latest software is being downloaded and not to interrupt the power or the process at all - may take up to ten minutes.

Mine took less than five and the problem is now CURED! :)

Thanks again. What a great forum!

Ray.

The trick is to switch off at the mains, then switch back on with the "Back up" button (on the box, not the remote) held in until all the LEDs on the front of the box light up together. You'll then get a message on your TV screen saying that the latest software is being downloaded and not to interrupt the power or the process at all - may take up to ten minutes

Brilliant - Thanks Ray - I'll try that tonight.

Many thanks

Back