Sky + box

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DIY Stew

Established Member
Reaction score
I have cancelled my sky membership but didn't realise that all the programs I have on the hard drive are no longer accessible, does anyone know if it is possible to view the hard drive contents by either connecting to my tv or laptop.

Thanks

Stew

Nope, they are encrypted, I'm afraid. You need a Sky box with a valid subscription to view them.

Si

If you renewed your 'sub' ,subscription, then why would you not be able to copy them to a HDD on a seperate recorder? I can do that from my +HD to my HDD on the DVD/HDD recorder I have. The only bind is that it will only record at X1. i.e. if you have a 4 hour progremme then it will take 4 hours to copy across/record to the external HDD.

Si

Does that mean if I 'borrow' my daughters sky+ card and put it in my sky+ box I will be able to view and copy the programs to disc with my DVD writer.

Stew

I suspect only if she has the same or greater sub and then you would have to get Sky to pair your box with her card. This is just a phone call and 60s later should be paired.

HIH

Dibs

Back