Skip Diving!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dodge

Established Member
Reaction score
At the farm where my workshop is there is a large skip used by another business which they have given me permission to put my rubbish into also.

On emptying my bin this morning spotted a pair of very nice lignum vitae bowling balls laying there for the taking - having duly acquired these plans are afoot!

Years ago my grandfather had a wonderful carving mallet that he had made from an old bowling ball so I am planning on following in his footsteps!

Watch this space :D :D

Well done Roger...and you can use the offcuts for things too.... :wink:

I've bypassed the skip and asked the workmen if I could have the bits they were cutting - the offcuts...

Strangely...they are large pieces of Corian...you know the stuff...the stuff that is never ever cut at site type Corian! :lol:

Some things coming soon with that stuff too....

Post some pictures of your mallet when done...

Cheers

Jim

Hi. Jim

Corian mallet? nice and stripey made from lamanations?

Pete

Racers":z2lh5i8z said:
Hi. Jim

Pete

Lord no Pete...I don't think I could stand the pong...at least LV smells nice...well sort of. :lol:

I have some box plans for the Corian...once I figure out what the best bonding stuff is...

Jim

Good find Rog

I have a pair waiting to be made into a mallet as well.

I found these waiting for me in the building on the farm here that I now use as my timber store.

Tom

jimi43":nnvmlp2a said:
Racers":nnvmlp2a said:
Hi. Jim

Pete

Lord no Pete...I don't think I could stand the pong...at least LV smells nice...well sort of. :lol:

I have some box plans for the Corian...once I figure out what the best bonding stuff is...

Jim

Would Xylene work?

Cheap from Toolstation (and yes, it is a bit nasty too).

Hi Eric....

If I remember rightly...it is quite nasty stuff...you are right but it might work. Acetone may work too as it is almost all acrylic...but will ask the project manager who gave me the bits and see what he things...you never know..I may be able to "borrow" some!

Cheers

Jim

Latest posts

Back