Sketchup

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roxie

Established Member
Reaction score
What has happened to Sketchup? I have not used it for some while and when I retrieved an old drawing it told me that it been created in an older version and that should get an up date. Tried to download Sketchup, but the version I was offered, free, was not the version I had been used to!! It would appear that it was a "cut down" version, is the free full Sketchup still available?

John

Out of interest, what features aren't in the free version that you need?

I've only just started to use it so can't help, but interested to know if there are some fundamental limitations before I waste time learning it :)

I didn't know you could still download it.
I returned a couple of months ago after years if absence and found an online version that served my purposes.

Ten years ago I was using Sketchup very regularly. It was a great product and did everything I wanted to design furniture.
More recently I went to download it and use it. The only version I could seem to find now is online and had nothing like the same functionality. It was harder to use. I think I'd even go back to pencils and paper rather than Sketchup, unless I could justify the cost full version; assuming that version isn't dumbed down in the same way.

Back