SketchUp for Woodworkers

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SketchUp Guru

Established Member
Reaction score
Greetings all.

I've started a little website as a place to keep some SU tutorials I've put made to show other woodworkers how to get more out of the software.

This site is far from complete but I'll continue to add to it. If there's anything you'd like to see in the way of tutorials feel free to let me know.

There's nothing for sale but if you are feeling generous, you can send me money. See that slot on the front of your computer? Just slide a couple of large bills in there. :D

SketchUp for Woodworkers

By the way, if you don't have SketchUp but would like to see the tutorials, you can download a free viewer from SketchUp. Click their logo at the top of my page and you can get it.

Oh, and in case anyone wonders, I don't get anything from SketchUp except enjoyment from using it. They aren't paying me anything for this.

Hi Dave,
That's a great idea. I have gone to your site but can't open any of your drawing links yet though.

Thanks, aldel

Dave the links to the files are directed to your PC, not your webserver. You need to change the file locations.

Dave

Three are now working, just the router flute drawing link to fix now.
Great stuff,
Thanks.

Aldel

Thanks DaveR for your posting and links. I was able to download the viewer and all tutorials (which worked OK for me) .
Tried to download the 7 day trial but cannot find anything apart from the viewer again in a Last yellow folder. Mind you at a price of £315 I think at my age I will stick to the brown envelopes system I have always used. :)

DW, I know the software isn't cheap but it is less than alot of the full-fledged 3D CAD softwareout there. I guess nothing can beat the back of a brown envelope for cheap.

If you do go for it, you'll find the learning curve quite short and the software pretty intuitive to use.

The worst part about it is that to orbit around your drawing in SU, you hold the mouse wheel down. I find myself trying to use that function to orbit around photos in other software. :roll:

Thanks Dave - helpful indeed

DW - the only trial available that I know of is 8 hours. if you go to http://www.sketchup.com/ and click on the big red button saying 'download sketchup' - you'll be away!

Cheers

Tim

tim":mv1n0rab said:
Thanks Dave - helpful indeed

DW - the only trial available that I know of is 8 hours. if you go to http://www.sketchup.com/ and click on the big red button saying 'download sketchup' - you'll be away!

Cheers

Tim

Yes Tim I did, but I dont know where its gone! (downloaded OK .then did the install but the only thing I can find is a viewer).

Back