Sketchup....arghhhh!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lastminute

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to master the simple basics of the above...not having much luck...loads of tutorials, but still tooo advanced for yours truly!!!
...like I cant change the dims. from imp. to metric and vice versa.
...a simple table with the correct dimensions would be nice to start!!

Gerry

Gerry
It's under Window|Model Info. Yes, I agree it's a damnfool place to put it.
If you don't mind spending a very modest amount of money, I can heartily recommend Dave Richards' guide to Sketchup. It is specifically aimed at woodworkers and is excellent. There is a proper review of it in the latest issue of British Woodworking magazine. Available as a DVD or as a Download from the FWW site:

Linky link

HTH
Steve

HELP!!

Bought Dave's download...at first Windows would Not accept it..tried again, chose to save it...now I only have a zip folder on my desktop whose properties show empty!!?
Where is it?

Running Vista home premium.

Hi Lastminute,

go to documents and in the left hand pane d/click downloads, it should be there.

Davon

No, I don't think you did. You have 200mB of something, you just can't get at it at the moment. Try using the latest version of WinZip, or 7Zip (recommended by DaveR himself) and if that doesn't work pester Taunton Customer Services until you get what you've paid for. It shouldn't be this difficult, should it?

I almost got put off it when I first tried it as I didnt get anything. I can do most things I need on it now though.

What I found helpful is using google with your questions, but type in yahoo questions before the question. You normally find stuff thats actually helpful.

Back