Skarsten scraper . . . or suggestions for a replacement please

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robgul

Barry Bucknell is my hero
Reaction score
I have a couple of ancient Skarsten scrapers but blades are getting harder and harder to find - does anyone know where I might get some (I've seen some that are similar on ebay)

OR - recommendations for a suitable scraper, primarily for paint . . . I've seen some YT videos where "carbide scrapers" are mentioned, as outlasting Skarsten type steel blades by some margin. Any views please?

[I did see a thread on here about 7 years ao mentioning Skarsten)

I feel your pain, I spend my life searching for Skarsten blades, scrapers etc They are few and far between sadly :( Anyone with any leads, please feel free to message me :) 🤞

I feel your pain, I spend my life searching for Skarsten blades, scrapers etc They are few and far between sadly :( Anyone with any leads, please feel free to message me :) 🤞

Based on the recommendation above I've asked for the man in the red suit to bring me a Bahco scraper in about a month's time.

Blades for the Skarstens do seem to appear on ebay from time to time as do the scrapers - at a price

You should get the smaller Bahco as well, it has the triangle blade but you can get teardrop or round ones too. It is incredibly useful.

Ollie

Bahco are brilliant. A game changer. Get a wide one and a narrow one. Seems outrageously expensive but when you’ve got one you’ll see why. So fast and so effective. Worth every penny.

Bahco are brilliant. A game changer. Get a wide one and a narrow one. Seems outrageously expensive but when you’ve got one you’ll see why. So fast and so effective. Worth every penny.

My letter to the great man specifies the request for a wide and a narrow - plus a spare set of blades for each one . . . . . thanks for the suggestions.

Bahco scrapers are brilliant. Speedheater scrapers combined with a speedheater is even better though for removing a lot of paint.

The Bacho blades are easily resharpened by rubbing them flat on a diamond hone. They can also be shaped into a camber by honing the bevel.

Back