Sjoberg for sale

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ian Dalziel

Established Member
Reaction score
I am having a bit of a workshop clearance and have the following items for sale, PM for photos if required
Sjoberg workbench model BS1800 with all the drawers and hold down kit etc one slight scuff at the front vice otherwise still like new £500
Axminster Disc sander model DS12VEL,240v slow speed model, only used twice £100
Porter Cable pocket hole cutter model 550—110v (not the production one like norms) still like new £130
I am based in central Scotland, I would be able to post the tools ok but the bench would be better collected

Regards
Ian

Charley unsure where to post these, apologies if I’ve posted in the wrong place

Waka

If you want to know why Ian wants to get rid of his
Rolls Royce of benches
just take a look at his new one in the current issue of Good Woodworking.

This is an unashamed plug of course, but then a great bench deserves as much exposure as it can get.

:lol:

Not sure I want to look, I get jealous very easily. Fraid I'm still working off a home made jobby thats over 20 years old.

Would love to be interested but Scotland to Weymouth is a tad to far.

Waka

I saw that today when I bought the mag. Very nice it is too Ian, you should be congratulated on it. I intend to settle down with a pint tonight and have read.
Makes me utterly jealous mind you :evil: I'd love to be able to get the time to work on a project like that. I'm hard pushed to finish the picture frame for LOML that I started last weekend. :roll:

Alf, I discovered what a tuit is after a fruitless seach of some on-line dictionaries :oops:
I don't seem to have any round ones either.

Cheers,
Barry

As it's now safely sold (did we mention the 10% commisssion...? :wink: ), can I ask when this "Rolls Royce of benches" thing got tagged onto Sjobergs? :?

Cheers, Alf

Waka

Clearly the rolls royce of benches is the one you made yourself :wink:

£500 for a second hand bench??? I feel so poor next to you lot! :lol:

Cheers

Tony

Waka":4awau0sv said:
Are you saying they are not the RR of benches, if not what is?
Well it can't be the one you make yourself, 'cos that'd be the Kit Car of benches... :wink: I dunno, maybe the pricier Sjobergs are, but the one I have experience with is definitely more like a Morris Minor. :lol:

Cheers, Alf

£500 for a second hand bench??? I feel so poor next to you lot!

here here, I too feel very poor, there are MANY things I would buy for 500 squids before a bench........

although I have got all of my lovely machines, its took me 2 years to collect them, me thinks that my budget may be slightly smaller than some peoples, more lottery tickets MUST be the way forwards! :cry:

KU,

It's not the budget that's different, it's the priorities. You, for instance, reckoned a table saw was the thing to spend your dosh on. For others, a good bench is the foundation for everything else. Horses for courses.

Incidentally, no lottery win here. My budget comes from not having a summer holiday for the last 10 years, not going to the pub, the cinema, no satellite telly, DVDs conspicuous by their absence etc etc. Oh, and no buying of lottery tickets. :p So I have an okay woodworking budget, but no life... :wink:

Cheers, Alf

Alf":19pjjg9e said:
Incidentally, no lottery win here. My budget comes from not having a summer holiday for the last 10 years, not going to the pub, the cinema, no satellite telly, DVDs conspicuous by their absence etc etc. Oh, and no buying of lottery tickets. :p So I have an okay woodworking budget, but no life... :wink:

Cheers, Alf

Que violin music. :twisted:

Adam

Alf

I think you've hit the nail on the head, it's always a matter of priorities and time. Like me I guess most people have to save up and use Christmas & Birthdays to accumulate those special tools.

Come on Lottery winners own up.

I also think we are being a bit unfair to Ian when its mentioned that 500 is a bit much for a second hand bench. maybe if we see the pic's we can make our own value judgement on that.

Must admit I did surf the Rutlands site to see what the Sjoberg benches were like and thought umm that looks nice, puts mine to shame. Mind you Hoffman look nice too.

Waka

Alf":2tp7iczx said:
Well it can't be the one you make yourself, 'cos that'd be the Kit Car of benches... :wink:
Cheers, Alf

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Waka":1vl7vbnn said:
I also think we are being a bit unfair to Ian when its mentioned that 500 is a bit much for a second hand bench.
Waka

That was certainly not my intention when posting. I was surprised that people are willing to pay £500 for a second hand bench when one can be built quite cheaply and enjoyably.

Cheers

Tony

Back