Sizing Bolts

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike.C

Established Member
Reaction score
I seem to have lost a few bolts from my router table insert. How do I size the remaing one so that I can order some over the net?

Cheers

Mike

What's your router table insert? Who made it?

Is there some place locally that sells hardware like that? Perhaps you could take one with you and find a match. If it's imperial stuff and you can't get it locally, I can probably help you out.

Mike.C":31i3hmd2 said:
I seem to have lost a few bolts from my router table insert. How do I size the remaing one so that I can order some over the net?

Cheers

Mike
You measure the diameter over the threads with a micrometer or vernier caliper and determine the threads per inch or pitch in millimeters, the latter (pitch) best done with a thread pitch gauge as this also confirms the thread angle and then look up the details in a thread standards chart Such as This.

All else fails go into your local DIY Shed and try to find a nut that fits your existing bolt.

Chas, Dave thank you very much for your replies. After a few measurements I was able to get the bolts I needed.

Cheers Guys

Mike

Back