Six Nations Predictions

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Woodfinish Man

Established Member
Reaction score
Keen to know how many rugby fans there are in Woodworking world.

My predictions for this weekend, (for what they are worth) are:

Wales to beat Italy by 15 points

Scotland to upset the odds and beat Ireland by 5 points - Ok i admit I'm Scottish! Part of me hopes for an Irish victory, they really deserve a Grand Slam

England to win by 8 points but only if they can keep 15 men on the pitch for 80 minutes!

Look forward to seeing what everyone else thinks.

Ian

I would go with 2 out of 3 predictions but Scotland to beat Oirland no way.

I thinks GS is theirs unless the pressure gets to as in the past.

Harry

Woodfinish Man":2crcnpvg said:

Definite win not sure it will be by that amount.

Scotland to upset the odds and beat Ireland by 5 points

No chance!

England to win by 8 points but only if they can keep 15 men on the pitch for 80 minutes!

Depends if we get an unbiased ref, the refing so far has been appallingly one sided. England have been penalised (and rightly so) for failing to keep to the rules, however the refs in most games have let the opposing sides blatantly do the same thing and not penalised them.

None the less i still always enjoy the games.

Cheers

Mav

Big rugby fan here.........

Ireland win, Wales win, France win. I'm so fed up watching England that I'll be on the squash court during the game. If the real France turn up, they should be too good.

Mike

Mike Garnham":1e68snnx said:
Big rugby fan here.........

I'll be on the squash court during the game.

Mike
Not that big a fan then Mike :wink: I'm afraid England have resorted to cheating to try and win, they'll never be any good until they put a stop to it.

.....and players who don't cry, or kiss each other, or fall over everytime an opponent comes within a few feet of them. Yep, thats the game!!

Mike

I think the Bears could beat any of them,but then I am a Bears fan....and we would have to use our own ball :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mike Garnham":1k4h6tju said:
.....and players who don't cry

I dunno about that one - take the last time England lost in the World Cup for instance.

Have faith lads and wear your heart on your sleeves, the 3 lions won't let us down when it most matters. :wink:

Rich.

Mike Garnham":3vyvuj26 said:
Rich":3vyvuj26 said:
the 3 lions won't let us down when it most matters. :wink:
Rich.

........well, maybe.........but when is that Rich? Surely its every time you go on the field?

Mike

Yes but especially so against France.

Rich.

Oh dear if the senior team play anything like the U20's tonight it could be a very long Sunday afternoon for Jonno.

Harry

Woodfinish Man":2si42sbe said:
Yeah agree with that
Scotland to upset the odds and beat Ireland by 5 points - Ok i admit I'm Scottish! Part of me hopes for an Irish victory, they really deserve a Grand Slam
Hope not, though Edinburgh has been a bit of a dodgie venue for us over the years. I think we'll have too much for ye though.
Depends how many players England can keep on the pitch. Will be close, just about France.
Neil.

Congratulations to the Welsh 7s for winning the world cup out in Dubai, they where 80/1 outsiders at the start of the competitions.

My predictions for today and tomorrow are,

France to win by 15pts

Ireland to win by 6pts

Wales to win by 10 pts

I naturally want England to win (narrow margin over France) not only as I'm English but I'm an ardent follower of Mark Cueto (pronounced Kway toe!) as he's my half cousin. The name is of Spanish origin from his grandad, my uncle Phip (Phelipe), a great old bean who is in his mid 80s, fit as a biddy and with pitch black hair. He ran a fish and chip shop in Maryport for years which was famous for it's meat patties! :D :D

Mark

Woodfinish Man":byqdji9n said:
Woodfinish Man":byqdji9n said:
Depends how many players England can keep on the pitch. Will be close, just about France.
Neil.
I'm not sure how I missed your comment about England keeping players on the pitch, anyway I agree.

Thats Scotland out of the way, thank God. Tough first half, much better second half. Still on for the slam, can't wait for next Saturday.
Neil.

Back