Site of sites rant

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RogerS

Established Member
Reaction score
Am I alone in hating those idiots who create these wretched sites that are simply lists of other sites? Put a search into Google and you come up with results from these damn sites saying 'Me...Me....Me... I've got the information' and then you click their damn site and you get absolutely SFA.

They cannot even FIND what you are looking for on their site so how in God's name do they fool Google into listing them in the first place.

May the spawn of a thousand viruses infect their servers and they die a slow and horrible death.

You'll be looking for this information

Adam

Hi Pete,

Pete W wrote:
It's getting to be impossible to find products on the Internet - the first few thousand hits are always those stupid sub-search sites Evil or Very Mad

Try suffixing your searches with '-comparestoreprices -pricerunner -dealtime -kelkoo' - this helps a lot Smile

NeilCFD

In this post

https://www.ukworkshop.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3031

At least kelkoo et al provide some sort of service. The sites that are getting my goat are ones like www.growinglifestyle.co.uk.

If you put in Incra TS-111 site:uk into Google you get four hits. None of them remotely useful and 3 of 4 these wretched sites.

Yet Incra TS-111 on a webwide search gives you on the first page some good hits that focus on reviews!

What have we done in the UK to deserve this?

Yes, these sites are really screwing up the proper search engines. And have you noticed how even if you type in something like "four eyed monkey", some darn site will try and sell you one?

Yes..I bought two off eBay last week :wink:

Talking of eBay, I wonder if I was bidding against anyone off this forum for a new Incra Ultra Lite jig that went last night for around £86 plus postage? :cry:

I have a feeling if you put "-waffle" in your search that's supposed to lose some of the junk from the results. It doesn't seem to make any difference to a four-eyed monkey search though...

Cheers, Alf

Back