Sir Paul

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tastes may vary but a real measure of the success of a band or performer must be that they can still command an audience of several generations more than 40, 50 or 60 years after they first started.

Macca and Diana performances were well below their best as performances in decades past, but they are amongst the few "greats".

Also included would be Abba, Fleetwood Mac, Status Quo, Queen, Elvis, Chuck Berry to name but a few - some still performing, some sadly dead - but still popular.

completely disagree Terry, try performing as a musician, I'd like to see you get on stage at glastonbury age 80 and do as good a job, don't judge a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes, also try writing hits like macca consistently for 50+years, there will never be another one like him in history.

Tastes may vary but a real measure of the success of a band or performer must be that they can still command an audience of several generations more than 40, 50 or 60 years after they first started.

Macca and Diana performances were well below their best as performances in decades past, but they are amongst the few "greats".

Also included would be Abba, Fleetwood Mac, Status Quo, Queen, Elvis, Chuck Berry to name but a few - some still performing, some sadly dead - but still popular.
Hard to realise, but Elvis has been gone 40yrs.

I saw the Beatles twice in the early sixties, in Birmingham town hall and again in the Odean. I say SAW, because I never heard a single note due to the screaming girls!

Hard to realise, but Elvis has been gone 40yrs.
And still holds the top spot, sales just for America

Elvis Presley (USA, 1935–77) had earned 171 gold, 94 platinum and 34 multi-platinum discs – 299 awards in total – for his albums and singles as of 21 March 2018, according to the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA).

Back