Sip Tablesaw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PJ

Established Member
Reaction score
I've been looking at saws for a while now, and the SIP Tablesaw always seems to be on the list. It's had good reviews in the mags, for what these are worth, and looks to have a nice add on sliding table. I have viewed the saw locally but it was just removed from the box and not set up right. I asked if it would be possible to view the internals of the saw but was told that it was to heavy to turn upside down.
I am hoping that someone on the forum who has the saw can describe what format the internals take, ie does it have the normal contractor saw arrangement with a trunnion front and back and connected with bars or is there just one trunnion at the front and a pivoting saw/motor casting like some of the old Startrites? Does it have 2 proper worm drives for the height and angle adjustment and are they adjustable?
Any Info would be great as my local dealer was unable to tell me even what was inside the case.

Philip

PJ

Can you not see most of what you want to see by removing the plate around the sawblade...as if you were going to change the blade?

Cheers Alan

I Phoned SIP last week and the guy was going to check and phone me back, but it never happened. After reading Old's post I sent SIP an email from their site asking if the could possibly send me a parts list and parts diagram, so I will await a reply.
Thanks for the replies.

Philip

Philip, think McBrides are having an open day(s) first week of October. Might be a good opportunity to have a good looksee then. Don't know if there'll be a SIP TS demo (I'm certain that the saw will be there anyway) but worth a visit.

Rgds

Noel

The SIP t/s has a panel on each side of the base held on by six screws for maint' and cleaning. Ask to remove these panels and you can see everything. Have just fitted a Freud blade to mine using a spacer ring :D :D lovely t/s.

Les

I looked at this table saw and it looks solidly built, but is the problem with buying Far East imports that you are reliant on the importers contracts. Having previously bought an 'agency' product, when I needed parts 2 yrs later, none were to be had and the importers had moved onto another product and was not supporting previous models as far as spares were concerned. Having said that, there are not many options, as household names are also importing now as apposed to manufacturing.

Totally agree with you. When I was working we put out specifications for equipment worth hundreds of thousands at gbp and part of the spec was to support spares for ten years. All suppliers would agree but when the situation arose there was a mod or you need to do this :x :x :? .
I purchased the SIP saw this year and think it is a good piece of engineering and at under £500 I think is good value for money. My supplier who owns his company and is a very good friend believes that SIP are a supplier that will gradually increase their market share due to the quality and price.

Les

Latest posts

Back