SIP Table saws Advice please

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gwaithcoed

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Does anyone have a SIP cast iron table saw. The model I am thinking of is the 01332,at present on ebay for around £470.Are they a good buy? I would be grateful for any information. At present I have a Scheppach site saw, 12" blade ,sliding carriage, which has served me well, but like all galvenised tops it is begining to sag slightly.

Cheers Alan

Hi
If you go into search for "my B&Q saw is dead" from stewart you will find some information on the SIP.
Les Chicken

Hello Les,

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. Very interesting reading. My workshop is 18ft x 9ft so if I fit it on wheels I should be OK However I see from the forum showdates that SIP are at the North Wales Woodfest at St Asaph June 3-5th so I will go along and have a hands on so to speak.

Thanks again Alan

At the Yandles show this year the sip rep said there was a sliding table kit due to come in about now. (under £200)

Good woodworking did a test in the October 2004 issue scored 4 out of 5 in all sections with 4.5 score for value for money final remarks:- "amateur or light trade user looking for a cast iron TS at a good price should definitely check this out."

Back