SIP table saw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

les chicken

Established Member
Reaction score
The saw purchased this year is very good for the money. I have been given a pile of mahogany that was originally the wood frames sills and headers for aluminium windows most of it 6" x 3" about 30 feet in total (gloat over) :lol: :lol: :lol: . Reclaiming it on the TS it seemed under powered and almost stalling. A quick strip down revealed a loose drive belt, tightened it up, no problem now nice clean cut. Just a bit of advice to anyone else experiencing a similar problem.

Les

Les, How does the rip fence perform? - In particular, is it fixed at the rear? Do you find any 'drift' or 'movement' when cutting big heavy stuff?? I'm researching table saws right now with a view to purchase soon and the SIP one is within my budget.

Losos,

I 've had my Record TSPP250 up and running around 2 weeks now, and 5 days ago I posted some emails with pictures off to Record support shewing lots of resaw marks. Still awaiting a response from Record.

Timber over 50mm thick does not get smiled on by my machine :cry:

Losos
The fence clamps front and back absolutely rock solid, complete with a fine adjuster. It also comes with a sub fence for thin materials or can be used as a stop for shoulder cuts etc. The riving knife needs removing to do this as it protrudes above the blade. I am going to get another one so I can shorten it for that purpose.

Devonwoody
Have you checked the blade is running true, try removing the blade and make sure everything is clean around the shoulders and spindle. Also check the drive belt is tensioned as with mine the cut was terrible.

Les

Thanks Les.

Acturally record responded within 30 minutes to the thread (someone looks in? 8) )

Blade run out is OK it appears fence was pinching again at rear and I have been advised to make some setting changes.

Back