SIP Table saw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have the 01332 and love it, its the best thing I ever bought, put a decent blade on it and some good dust extraction top and bottom.

You can pick up the sliding table for that model quite cheaply as well I keep seeing them for sale but you need a lot of space for it. For me I wouldn't have the saw with out the sliding table so if space is at a premium I'd get the little one as it looks to have a good sliding table on it for smaller pieces.

Thanks Chems - Just out of interest what's the overall width of your saw (01332) with the sliding table attached? Cheers

Personally I would go for the 01332 - I had one of those for about three years and it was absolutely excellent - never missed a beat - Only sold it when I upgraded to a SIP 01446 12" cast iron table saw.

My old 01332 was sold to a shed making company who had it for about two and a half years before they sold it to a friend of mine who has now had it for just over a year - in all that time it it has only ever had a new belt fitted to it.

If you do buy one - just throw away the blade it comes with and get a decent one - it will transform the performance!

IMHO

Rog

Captain":3k9e4bi4 said:
Thanks Chems - Just out of interest what's the overall width of your saw (01332) with the sliding table attached? Cheers

I'm not 100% sure, but the fence comes out nearly a meter from the blade so its the normal width of the saw plus about a meter.

Yep, I also have the 12" version of it and it is brilliant. I don'thave the sliding table with mine as space is at a premium in my shop. Only thing I have done to mine is fit a new belt and blade. Bullet proof! :D

Thank you for helping me make my mind-up, I'm going to buy the 01332 model. Two last questions.....

I currently have Numatic NV750 Workshop Vacuum Extractor - http://www.axminster.co.uk/numatic-numa ... tomsection Will this do the job or will I need to upgrade?

Secondly everyone has mentioned about buying a decent Blade, any recommendations please?

Thanks again, you've all been very helpful.

Regarding blades, a decent combination blade like a freud blade will be good something with 48 teeth, the bore is 25mm. And a high tooth blade for sheet and veneered goods is a must something with 60+ teeth. Contact Doug @ Cutting Solutions he's on the forum here.

That vac will be great for the crown guard take off but for a proper big saw like this you'll need a 100mm extractor to go on the below the blade extraction port with is 100mm. On mine I run the workshop vac to the crown guard and the chip extractor to the big port on the back.

Old picture but still sort of like I have it now:

Back