SIP Surface Planer

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
barry wot window and wot bunkbed :shock: :shock: :shock: go on tells use we wont tell enyone else honest :D :D

Okay, you asked for it. :wink:
Well, been having work done to divide a room into two bedrooms so that we can divide the boys who really need separating now. Finally all finished and this weekend we were going to be moving the pair into their respective new rooms. Anyway, all ready to go, got the weekend before having to be back at work and then eldest goes and puts a toy broom through one of the windows. :evil: :evil: :evil:
Apart from the trouble he's in, this puts the whole schedule out as we now have to arrange for a cowboy/glazier to come and fix it. Phoned one of those emergency contact centre places in the yellow pages. Told them size (big) and a first floor one, quoted £107+vat :( . Oh well thinks I, and was promised they'd be there before 1pm.
Later on get a phone call, 'Been to the property and can't fix it 'cos the frame is falling out' :shock: :?: Had come along and looked at a derelict shell of a house a few doors down and left. :x Told them what they should have been looking at and then phone back with another quote of £145+vat :shock: because it'll take two men. By this time SWMBO has found another number down the road in Abergavenny and I tell them I 'll ring them back. Phone the guiy in Aber and he says, no problem, do it on his way home and it'll cost about £60 all in. :p Result!.
Finally sorted but in the end we manage to get very little done on the Saturday.
Sunday is hectic, amazed at how much rubbish can be squirreled away into odd corners by small boys when told to tidy their room. Anyway, 11 bags of rubbish (I kid you not) later I get to separating the bunk beds. Plan was to give eldest one and store the other whilst youngest now has an old cabin bed. Wife put them together, not being able to wait for me to get home on the weekend. Discovers that the rubbishy little hex key is useless for this sort of thing and instead of giving me a ring and asking whereupon I would have told her where the electric screwdriver and all the bits she needs were. Grabs my DeWalt corless and a philips bit and rams them all home like this stripping the inside of the screwheads at the same time. :x Result, bunkbeds are stuck together. Losing patience by now. Late in the evening, very tired and all I wanted to do was to pour a nice glass of Islay and sit down. Well, I got them apart. Top bunk is now scrap wood and splinters and the bottom bunk only needed some glue and two clamps to fix it. But it did provide some much needed therapy. :twisted:
Be very glad when it's all over.
Then she says she wants to start on the kitchen, then do the bathroom, then we need to sort out our daughter's room oh, and the downstairs toilet needs sorting out as well. :shock:

Oh yes, and the roof has developed a leak. :cry: And people don't believe me when I tell them about the Universe and me. :?

mudman":s2cyzofq said:
so that we can divide the boys who really need separating now
Conjoined twins...?
huh.gif
biggrin.gif

Sounds ghastly. Don't worry though, the universe isn't out to get just you.
rolleyes.gif
Did I ever tell the tale of moving house when I had to build my flat-pack bed if I wanted anywhere to sleep? At the end of a long, and very tiring day, natch. Found the ruddy *%^&$£! had included the wrong wooden slats - too short!
annoyed.gif

Cheers, Alf

Tony,

If this was an isolated incident I would perhaps be more tolerant, but over the past 2 months - mostly at weekends as that's usually the only time I'm in the UK - I've had to put up with pretty shoddy service from the Newbury B&Q.

This ranges from:

- Queuing nearly 30 minutes to pay because they had no staff around (and this was not at lunch time) and only two tills open (on a Saturday afternoon).
- Having them have to do a manual authorization on one of my card payments (for about £7) and then having nobody on the tills who knew how to do a manual authorization.
- Bolshy till assistants when doing a refund.
- Virtually impossible to find any staff on the floor.

And that's just the recent ones. I'd call the manager next time it happens, but I suspect I'd get so peed off it would end up with me being arrested for sticking one of his 6' stabila levels where the sun don't shine !

Pit Bull - You must remember that you've got used to customer service in other countries. Expecting the same level in England is not on :wink:

Hi Pitbull

Your experiences in B&Q are most definitely far worse than mine - I can fully understand why you're so fed up them them. Disgraceful service!

Only issue I have seen in my local B&Q is the 30 minutes wait at the tills, (but usually with all or most of them open) on bank holidays :(

Tony,

Reading branch of B&Q is much bigger and much better run, but then they have a "trade" section and pros tend not to take the dung we hobbyists take.

Losos,

I've lived in Germany and Switzerland - customer service is not noticably better or worse in either - except in Germany where waitingto pay in a restaurant could reduce the saintly Mother Teresa to a vicious axe murderer.

Back